Rear Brake Caliper wanted

Need some bits ask here
RickNC30

Rear Brake Caliper wanted

Post by RickNC30 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:41 pm

Does anyone have a KR1/S rear caliper to spare? Went to service mine today only to find that a previous owner had snapped off the bleed nipple, then snapped off a stud extractor in the remaining stub, then carefully filed the whole thing down flush and applied a coat of paint over it (...!). It`s irretrievably buggered so I am in need of a replacement.

Cash waiting if anyone can help, please post on here or email ricknc30@gmail.com

Thanks,
Rick

Gerrit
Heavy Smoker

Re: Rear Brake Caliper wanted

Post by Gerrit » Mon May 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Not necessarily- you might be able to get the offending bits out by spark erosion. So don't chuck it away, if you can't find a replacement you might be able to reclaim your original.
I believe the Suzuki RGV250 rear caliper is identical to the KR's (correct me if I'm wrong), so if that is correct there's another potential source for a replacement.
"Mine is a long and sad tale", said the mouse.
"Indeed it is", said Alice, looking at the mouse's tail.

JanBros
Premix Junkie

Re: Rear Brake Caliper wanted

Post by JanBros » Mon May 22, 2017 9:44 pm

are the front calipers of a KR1 also not the same, apart frim where the bleeding niple sits ?

only momentarily had a KR1, al my others have been S's , but I seem to remember it like this.
You know it's cold outside when you trip over dog shit instead of standing in it.