My first KR1S

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Re: My first KR1S

Post by Luders »

I've always fancied one of those K5 SV1000's.
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

Luders wrote:I've always fancied one of those K5 SV1000's.
Cracking bike, I just love the noise! helped a bit by the end cans :D Not too offensive in town but you can hear it coming out in the country..
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I do own a ducati and that barks at you like a big dog
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

Luders wrote:I do own a ducati and that barks at you like a big dog
:D so it should.. Love the sound of a big V twin.
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

Ok, I've done about 400 miles on it so far and I'm starting to get more confident that it'll get me home when I set off. After a bit of gentle running at first I started to wind it on a bit and had fuel starvation, initially right carb then left, so figured fuel flow. Went to Dave at Yambits and rummaged around his shelves, came home with a TZ250 tap. 1 straight 8mm brass outlet but I pulled that out, fitted the KR1 right angle outlet into it. Then drilled the opposite side and fitted the other KR1 outlet so now have a nice tap that fits well and main thing is I can ride more than 3-4 miles hard and it runs great! Other advantage is the main tank intake tube was about the same length as the Kwak tap so range before reserve should be about the same.

Everything else is going ok so I'm thinking of a bit of a tour over Easter, get up into the Nth Yorks Moors.. At least I've got the breakdown cover sorted :-)
Last edited by DougB on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

Another few miles clocked up, starting to get confident in it now and it'll do a couple of miles fast running and run nicely. Only downside it's overcooling slightly and running a bit lean but the weather warms up I guess that might not be so much of an issue.
philfingers
Heavy Smoker

Post by philfingers »

worth pulling the stat out, mine had sort of jammed open. I heated it up and then allowed it to close properly and it's been fine since
Thrillsnotspills

Post by Thrillsnotspills »

Looks good I'm near York too, have to get a KR spin out sorted some time! I guess you get to Sherburn from time to time? Mind you my gearbox need attention first! Hopefully it's just a hackers bearing
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

Thrillsnotspills wrote:Looks good I'm near York too, have to get a KR spin out sorted some time! I guess you get to Sherburn from time to time? Mind you my gearbox need attention first! Hopefully it's just a hackers bearing
Now then, be good to get a ride out sometime.. running out of good weather at the moment sadly. Been to Sherburn a couple of time this year. What you got? Lots of help on here, I've been helped out with advice and bits since I got mine and got it on the road, was worth it :-)
Thrillsnotspills

Post by Thrillsnotspills »

My bikes are listed in my signature.

Sorry for the late reply not been in the forum for a while! Have to get something sorted when the weather improves, March/April hopefully!
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

Out and about, first decent thrash now it's run in and a brief pitstop..

Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Looking well, great to see KRs out and about and not stuck in a garage.

Steve