Proud owner of a KR1 once again

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Thrillsnotspills

Proud owner of a KR1 once again

Post by Thrillsnotspills »

Well it's finally arrived after weeks of waiting for delivery!

I've not quite decided which way to go with it yet, but my first though is daytime advisory road legal trackday toy.

Possibly race it.

The standard paint is pretty nasty so I'm thinking of going green, or should I stay red??? Decisions!

On a better the motor sounds sweet it's supposed to be ported and had the crankcase flowed and kr1s pipes and cdi fitted!

It certainly feels rapid but it's a good few years since I rode a kr1!

Anyway here it is

the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

Re: Proud owner of a KR1 once again

Post by the KR kid »

Stay red if you can, at least it will match your Ducati... :lol:
Stop annoying me, I'm running out of space to hide the bodies!

GS750B
KH250B5
Thrillsnotspills

Bit of progress today!.. I've not truly decided on a colour scheme but I'm warming towards all white with black wheels and black kawasaki stickers.

I've fitted the race fairings for now at least I can get some use out of it either on track and maybe on the road if I get round to getting a daytime advisory mot.

Here it is fitting in progress

And all fitted

In the line up haha

Thrillsnotspills

Has anyone on here fitted the tyga silencers? Quite like the look of them!?

Thrillsnotspills

Went out on the KR for a little test spin tonight as I've fitted some new silencers.

Found a box full of neutrals and a very loud rumble from the gearbox, anyway managed to get a gear eventually and limp home less than a mile luckily.

Drained the gear box oil and it's very metallic so I'm guessing one of my gearbox bearing has given up the ghost.

Won't know if it's the clutch side or chain side till I get the gearbox out but my main question is can the bearings be changed without splitting the cases? And just accessing from behind the clutch? Obviously the other one is removed from the gearbox casing at the other side ok with it being fully removable.

Any other pointers have I diagnosed this right? Worried with the difficulty selecting gears it could have damaged further like drum and selectors.

Thanks in advance.
daz680
Oil Injector

Post by daz680 »

did you sort your gearbox?, if so i guess you've found how easy they are to work on.
Currently building RC30 lookalike
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

HI there I bet its the one behind the clutch, have you sorted it yet :lol: :lol: :lol:
No Matter How Messy Things Get You Can Always Clean Them Up.
MY MAMMA TOLD ME, IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANY PROBLEMS DON'T MAKE ONE.
TIME IS PRECIOUS WASTE IT WISELY
Thrillsnotspills

Yes all solved! Turned out the selector drum had worked its way loose I'm guessing the metallic bits in the oil came from this also as it behaved great after tightening up,

Found another fault with the fly wheel this was very very loose on the woodruff That was the source of the rumbling, it's all right now the only issue is a slipping clutch!

My theories being more power now highlighting a previous existing clutch issue due to the timing being off with the loose fly wheel, or the 10/40 fully synth gearbox oil I had kicking around isn't suited to kr1 gearbox's

So I've drained it and bought some motul 10/30

Just waiting for weather to get better to test the theory

Anyone got any other input?
Cheers in advance
Thrillsnotspills

So a few updates, got a new fairing from pauliboy on here I'll get some pics up soon!

plus we came second in British historic racing 750 sidecar class last year!

Here's a link to our outing at cadwell last year!

https://youtu.be/Z1BErsUmfAA

Enjoy
Woorchild

Post by Woorchild »

That's great, gives me some hope....and I've two KR1S's to get done. Do you mind me asking where you got the race seat from, been looking around for a while now.