my kr1 b2 at last!!!

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
garye345
Premix Junkie

my kr1 b2 at last!!!

Post by garye345 »

:D :D :D well here it is finally,taken some getting on but have managed it(you should a seen the size of the pictures last week!!) :shock: learnt alot about digital cameras,uploading,computers,and the rest trying to get these on here,only ever been on ebay and online banking before i found this site,anyway have a look :) \:D/ :)
its not perfect i know but i think its a good starting point \:D/ it was first registered 1 week after my 17th birthday and at that time did i dream of owning one a these [-o< so to get this for£795 i am well chuffed dream come true :D i think it needs some work doin on the engine,gonna get the crank redone first and then if needed probably new pistons and replate the barrells :? cause i am a bricky,got me tzr125 going though with a second hand barrell and carb,thought i wo charlie brown i did! :D anyway now for the nasty bits :(
:( considering the money could live with these but i am a bit fussy so will try and pick bits up as we go,at right money of coarse!(wife and three :-$ )oh yeah have a look at the mirrors,whats this one off cause i would like 2 the same.
the wheel and brakes are 1s and i am told thats a good thing so all in all well chuffed with it,the plan is to get a good 5000miles under my belt on it,trackdays and sunday afternoons,till i can make it sing proper,and then sadly it will probably be sold to finance my new dream(daytona 675 special edition)but i hope i will be able to afford a old battered one to make into a trackday bike,by then.anyway to cut a short story long hope to meet loads of you on the trackdays and any other days i can get on mallory park and cadwell till next time thanks for looking cheers gary. :D :D :D :D
Last edited by garye345 on Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Hi Gary,
That R/H mirror looks like a CBR250 item, as I used on my KR250A (I prefer them to the stock KR units as well).
The KR1-S wheels and brakes are a real bonus, as the front brakes are 310mm diameter instead of 300mm on the KR1 (rear brakes are the same). I suspect that they also fitted the 1-S forks too, as from what I understand when you swap the front wheel and brakes to KR1-S items, you also need to swap the forks as well. I'm sure someone else can confirm or correct this.
The panels arn't that bad (compared to my collection) and should be repairable if you cant find undamaged ones.
All in all, looks like a good bike at a good price.

Cheers, Scott.
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

Looks good to me Gary...excellent starting point of making a real sweet KR....
'So,who's paranoid'.........The Damned's new album,released 10/11/2008 or available to d/load from...'officialdamned.com .....go on treat yourself........
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

if your giving the crank a rebuild i would put new rings and prob pistons in aswell, peace of mind. rings should be replaced at least also replace the small ends every time you have the top end off as there only a couple of quid. to be honest though it looks like a sound bike, all there and original bodywork!! should be repairable and if trackdays are likely then pattern bodywork is lighter, cheaper and easily replaceable. the kr1s brakes/calipers etc are definitly a good thing, there probably the best brakes in the proddy 250 world, a million miles ahead of kr1 brakes. most things are interchangeable and almost everything fits straight on from the kr1s, some bits require a bit of machining etc and gearbox internals are slightly diffrent between the kr1 and kr1s so even though they fit eachother you have to use one or the other, not mix n match. this is just the cassete itself and not clutch components i think? elf will be along to confirm soon i bet as it was him who i learnt this from. the kr is not as modern as the rgv etc but is as fast with a much stronger power delivery and not a lot in it top end. a well set up kr with sorted suspension/tyres/brakes will live with a rgv and with the same ability rider on both the kr would pip the rgv at tighter tracks thanks to its grunt. the motor is quick enough as std really but i do reccomend using kr1s pipes as there worth a hp or 2 and are again the best std pipes ever to grace a proddy bike. only recently have aftermarket pipes actually been an improvement over std and theres only one set so far that we know of that are still availible!! them be the lovely lomas pipes. trawl through the forum and you will see theres life in the old kr yet!! \:D/
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

:D :D :D cheers guys,i want to keep as near to standard as poss but you never know parts like 1s pipes and things you can sell on when you have done may be in order,thats another reason i would like a taty/neglected one to make into a trackbike,cause lets face it i will probably hold back 5-10%on this,but a track one :P :D and i would want to know my way round the engine aswell,but for now will get me test passed and let this one scare me for now :shock: feels twice as fast as me servo,d up tzr did :D yeeehaaa! :D :D :D ps dave i think the green frame could be a good un,gonna need an intresting paint scheme,will wait for more pictures :)
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Nice looking standard bike 8) .
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

just testing
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

:D well a top day with the bike today,been in the shed from 10 this morning till 8 tonight.have not had a single beer,to update bought a kr from a autojumble and fitted a 1s engine today,need spark plugs and a air filter then [-o< itll start,the bike i got has just about everything i wanted on it,green 1s wheels,1s pipes,1s brake lever and resovoir,and same fairing top as mine just needs a few repaires on lower mount bolts,so hopefully mine should be lookin ok come the better weather \:D/ .
hoping to have the money to take final part of my test before end of the month as well.only van and car tax and insurance in the way first :( but for now krtastic and out boys :D
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

well have finally booked me test,27th-29th may,so hopefully i will pass 1st time [-o< my fairing has been done(welded and painted)got to pick that up monday,may have a top guy for repairs at right money will put his details on if a top job(dream machine :shock: dream price more like :shock: )as you may know have broke a kr1 and also bought another to sell on(at a little profit)cause it came with a load a bits,so the shitty little things are getting done that make a beauty(unbroken plastic headset tensioner and that)so hopefully will be up and running soon,just need to cut back on work abit(about 70hrs last week)to enjoy,anyway gotta go and get busy :lol:
nate
Heavy Smoker

Post by nate »

looks like a great starting point mate...

Plastic welding is easy... just find an old bit of fairing, get a soldering iron and use it like you would arc welding...

Then fill and sand and respray...

Good luck with it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
hacky
Smoker

Post by hacky »

what's the shiny disc for on the LH side of the frame? I thought that screw wa for the steering-damper?
there are exactly 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary logic and those who don't.
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

hacky wrote:what's the shiny disc for on the LH side of the frame? I thought that screw wa for the steering-damper?
That's a Tax disc holder (in the UK, you have to have insurance, mot roadworthyness test and then pay a further tax to ride on the road) they're circular with month/year on them and you get a nice fine if you get it wrong
The last time Liverpool Fc won the league, George Michael was black and Michael Jackson was straight or visa versa, it's that long ago I get confused.
hacky
Smoker

Post by hacky »

funny thing. looks like a make-up mirror.
there are exactly 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary logic and those who don't.
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

dont know what reds on abart(road tax :) ) cause it is me make up mirror, flower! :D
andyb
Smoker

Post by andyb »

Hi gary,

That look's like it has a lot of potential mate, good luck with it. 8)

Andy