my kr1 b2 at last!!!

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

i think the kr1 had the best colour options. your bike is a very good start point for building a mint, light sensibly modded bike (ie kr1s pipes/forks/brakes etc) and is far too good to maske a serious track weapon/special. for the price i think you did well, to get an rgv (slower/less reliable) for 800 sovs you would bag your self a real bag o shite. rgv prices seem to be high, esp for a tidy or semi tidy bike. est 1000-1500 quid. the kr is overlooked probably because of its dated features and arguarbly (to some people) not as nice looking. but the upside is you get some mega bargains and soon the kr will be going up in value and fetching good money. in some ways the kr is a landmark in that it was the fastest 250 and also very competetive in laste 80's/early 90's proddy racing and ss400. if you manage to get another kr with std bodywork to use as a tracvk bike, remember to remove and store the oe body work as its fetching good money and hard to find. pattern bodywork is very light and cheap and easy to get. gis a shout if you need anything as i may be able to help. engines are piss to work on and a work of art imo with oil the drillings for oilways ion the gear box etc despite stories of sloppy tolerances etc.
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

FAILED FAILED FAILED,said he had never had anyone fail with a single minor before but yours truly did,will explain when asked but i FAILED,SO 10 DAYS BEFORE I CAN TAKE IT AGAIN,andif i meet the old dear that cause it i WILL tell her she was wrong!the highway is for driving yeah,not for chating! :oops:
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Dont worry about it , took me three times to pass mine :oops: failed on the same slip road twice #-o a long story!! but when you pass "& you will" it will open up a new world or "camarardere "comaradery" bugger!! "mates (spelling was never my strong point)
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

cheers kwak!i will pass next time i reakon,you will be surprised at what i flip up on :cry: but pride comes before a fall and that :(
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

kwackman its surprised me how many (top) riders have taken a couple o three times to pass,they may be saying it to make me feel better,but got it booked again for friday 13th :D this time my aim is to relax a bit more and try and pass without a single minor,not get angry as .... when old dears have a chat at junctions,lost my concentration and turned right towards home and tester had told me to go straight on,but cause i wasnt indicating instant fail :cry:
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Dont know about "top rider" but my claim to fame is I was once pulled over by the police "while riding my fizzy" police officer said "who do you think you are Barry Sheene" felt like giving him a big kiss :mrgreen:
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

bet that made ur day gary :)

i passed 1st time but consider myself dog slow lol
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

is the bike test more difficult than car test? i passed car test 1st time. i thought maybe the bike tester would be more understanding as a biker, especially if you let on you race (if you do) and are capable on a fast bike. i guess it depends on who you get. the CBT guy was a large man with a faired bandit and not at all a sports bike/trackday type chap. on one of the TT programmes jamie robinson has just passed his test so that he can go round the course during the evening in order to learn the track on a road bike as its his first TT after yrs of riding short circuits. apparantly the guy can go through hall bends (cadwell) at a rate seemingly impossible! very quick man and ex gp hopeful. intrested to hear how he gets on.
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

I took my bike test in 1990 and passed on 1st attempt, but i think it was a lot easier then than it is now. I would probably fail if i took it today.

Passed my car test in 1984, and it was a whole lot easier than than the bike test.

Better luck next time. At least you have the road experience as a car driver, i rode my first bike at 17 with the knowledge of a Carlton Cobra 5 speed racing bike :lol: . When i started driving lessons, i soon learned that knew Nothing! Not suprising i was taken out within 6 months :shock: .
Leewc
Smoker

Post by Leewc »

garye345 wrote:booked again for friday 13th
My birthday.

My brother just done his A2 license, took him 3 tries. :)
Restoring a KR1.
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ oh yeah!,what do you reacon,1st time rode perfect 1 thing wrong and failed,this time didnt ride too well 9 minors and a pass :D :D :D right off to sort this electrical problem cause have gotto get me bike on road,yippy oh are best not forget tax and insurance :D :D :D
Darren
Oil Injector

Post by Darren »

Well done matey =D>
I'll just get me coat !
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

congratulations Gary =D>
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

about time!!! =D> =D> well done. i really ought to get a road licence as in the nice evening i hear bikes out and think, ''would love to show him how it should be done on a 250/350'' who needs a k8 gixer when you have a proper gp250 sounding stinkwheel! the kr sounds better than any comparible stroker imo almost like a v twin tz. grrr watch mr inline 4!!
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

thanks lads :) got it running loverly as well yesterday :) turns out it was the stator plate thing,the one thats all copper wires :? but the best result is how the engine sounds,it sound really tight(bit like yours at cadwell m.j.)only a bit a rattle from the kips rods.gotto say yesterday was one of the best days i have had recently :D insurance this morning £104.25 f/comp with mce,tax as soon as i get cover note,image works monday for the fairing stickers and yippy \:D/ only taken 19yrs to get one of these on the road,but they say the best things come to those who wait and that,anyhow will be updating with some pics next week :D krtastic mate 8)