my kr1 b2 at last!!!

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

\:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D>

congratulations...... :D
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

well have finally put a few miles in on the kr and its ace :D feel just about perfect to me :D done a few jobs since i last posted some pictures and where getting there slowly,you know 1 job turns into 3 and that,this 1 went from a hour job to a day
only wanted to change the top brace,bars and brake lever,but the steerer tube would not do as it was told so out came the big guns(powervalves never stood a chance)and as i lumphammered the top of the steerer then i had to replace that as well,anyhow here it is nowadays
i know its not perfect but its nearly all original and most of it has only been cleaned so i am well chuffed with it,may even do a proper job on it over the winter,but while the sun shines.....(or rather while it aint raining)....it needs some proper rough lovin me thinks :D \:D/ :D
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

bikes looking good gary, glad you got it done. see you managed to get some decent kr1s cans, i am still looking :( anyone got some decent[undented cans]
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

My road one is in very similar condition. Not sure if i should restore it or not :?: , cause as it stands its like yours genuine / original. I would probably over restore it :roll: , & never give it (quote) " rough love. :lol: Alan.
Two in every one of us is Schiz-oo phrenic

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Gis the loan of your face I want to worry this rat
LotusSevenMan
Heavy Smoker

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Alanw

"Rough Love" :mrgreen:

Sounds like something from a Def Leppard album!!! =D>
If it ain't broke; fix it 'till it is!

KR1 250 twin 1989 vintage
H*nda FireStorm 996cc 'V' twin
Royal Enfield 500cc single
Ducati Stealth 748 'L' twin (748 but with a 916 engine in place instead!!!)
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

well have finally petsealed my tank(sort of :lol: ),got another endcan :oops: ,cleaned all the exhausts out and must say it makes a fair bit a difference :) cleaned it up to how it should have looked at cadwell :oops: dont think it looks too bad now 8) and with a bit of swapping and changing,buying and selling,stands me at about 750 so well happy :D 8)
one thing thats not on the photos though is the(now)very clean WHITE mirrors,found a way to bring them back to new :D
so there she is :mrgreen:
someone asked if they could buy it when i went to cadwell,its gonna take £1500 for me to even think about selling now 8)
i think it looks top me :D .
Premix Junkie

mirrors

Post by 375 »

Looks very nice Gary,
I cleaned my mirrors with cif and they came up a treat.
alimorg
Site Admin

Re: mirrors

Post by alimorg »

375 wrote:Looks very nice Gary,
I cleaned my mirrors with cif and they came up a treat.
Wet and dry followed by cif then t-cut for me!!!
Cheers
Al
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

scotch pad and autoclym bumper care :D
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

looks rather nice gaz........... =D>
'So,who's paranoid'.........The Damned's new album,released 10/11/2008 or available to d/load from...'officialdamned.com .....go on treat yourself........
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

looks just the way a good kr1 should. sadly there are very few in lovely, original condition. who cares that its got 1s brakes? still a kr in every sense and looks very clean and tidy. people either restore them to concours, race them or build them into specials. not very often you see a 99% original bike these days.
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

best of both worlds - wish my top fairing was that good 8) -ive had
to spray the inside black theres that many repairs
Smokings Good For You
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

mgtkr1 wrote:looks just the way a good kr1 should. sadly there are very few in lovely, original condition. who cares that its got 1s brakes? still a kr in every sense and looks very clean and tidy. people either restore them to concours, race them or build them into specials. not very often you see a 99% original bike these days.
too right,its still kawi kr1 bits so thats original enough for me.
the top fairings not too bad garry,thats the thing that i will pay proper money for when a immaculate/new one comes along,when i got my mate to do it,i gave him the mudguard to match and did not realise it was a slightly different green to the rest,so its slightly different colour but in the flesh its not as noticable(10 pixel cameras hey)
but it may stop like that till i restore it.
one other thing i would like to ask is has anyone got a spare cap that goes on the fairing mounts(frame ones)martin gave me some which are very close but the metal through the rubber does not allow it to press against the fairing :? £10 waiting if anyone has a spare :?:
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

:( kinda sad day for me today :( my kr has just gone down the road with someone else riding it :( ooohh it looked so nice,all that work,all the hours for someone else to ride off into the sunrise :( .
The guy who has bought it though has got himself a right bargain!it sold for £821 :shock: but thats the beauty of ebay(ma says its like a box a choclates).Hope its a bit more reliable for him than me though.
Gotta say though,the confidence that its given me to work on bikes is amazing,i can change the engine in a morning now.learnt loads about breaking power valves and stipping bolts,trouble,shooting loads of things :) and you cannot buy expieriance.scottakr the one with swopping ht leads and plugs =D> mgkr1 you know yer stuff buddy =D> and everyone who has given me any advice =D> thanks.Got to remember i thought i was charlie brown when i changed a barrel on a 125,and cleaned said carb out before getting my kr :mrgreen:
May sound sad but now i am after a RELIABLE four stroke.Got my eye on a couple of fzr 600s also cbr,zzr,gsxf that type of thing.which hopefully like the kr i can use for a while to gain some experiance and get back what i paid for it.
After that its gonna have to be the big boyz,zxr1000,r1 you know,the big daddies!Hopefully a very niceone that i will strip down to the bolts and keep for years. :D
In between there though,i am keeping my eye open for a basket case kr1/s to do up for track days and sunday 600 racing :) ,after seeing what mr rd777 and the rest have done to the krs,i fancy a bit a that!want a go at it all,plastic welding,powder coating,spraying the job lot.With a diesel in the shed whats it matter if you only get 100mls between problems :mrgreen:
Anyway to cut a short story long,thanks one and all for all the help and advice :D =D> 8)
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

your most welcome gary, thats what its all about. what sort of age are you considering in terms of a 600? any cbr600 from mid 90's onwards are worth a look. not as focused as say an fzr600r or zx6r but have a great record for reliability and been user freindy. also capable at scratchin aswell as jaunts across the country ect. very versatile. for something more focused look at srad 600 and the early r6. both very very quick bikes, even now there still quick. irc the r6 is known for its impressive top speed. by no means a 600 expert but have a few old pb's and recall the tests ect. still say hello on here gary!! have a good un!!