my kr1 b2 at last!!!

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Sorry to see it go Gary, but you'll be back........eventually, one way or the other :lol:
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Gone and got myself a more reliable(hopefully)bike to get some more experiance on,its not a 2 stroke or even a kawi for that matter,its still a 90's classic though,so hopefully you will not get the face on with me for putting a few pics on.
Done alright i think,missed out on a few before this,hopefully this will make up for it.I was plesently surprised when i typed fzr into ebay,50 odd pages of spares,should be cheap enough to sort out if anything does decide to pack up.
Looked at a few r6's,zx6's etc but this was still nearly 2 big ones cheaper than any that looked owt like,insurance is £215 per year so that was another selling point.
As you can see its all standard unmolestered and tidy,so i am well chuffed.
Got my eyes open now for a couple of basket case kr1-s's,to make a nice trackday bike out of,as well as learning to plastic weld,tune etc,everything that goes with tracking a bike,but this time with a diesel in the shed so come the summer evenings,when the diesels are thrapeing up and down the bypass,i can go and join them :)
Just got myself some race leathers/kit so am ready for my first trackday(almost).Thinking of booking cadwell this month,price has gone up for trackdays as well,£49 last year-£79 this,now thats inflation.Want to get a day in before the PB trackday though,so they all dont say"who's that rather slow back marker on the fzr(in the novices),useless ....!"
So again your right Mr Red Devil 777,one way or another i am back,reacon it will be kr related soon though buddy! :D
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

that looks nice and tidy gaz..........
'So,who's paranoid'.........The Damned's new album,released 10/11/2008 or available to d/load from...'officialdamned.com .....go on treat yourself........
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

Bike looks good, like the looks of the fzr :D
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

i like that

one of the restrained schemes.. its a 600 yeah?
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
wakasaki
Heavy Smoker

Post by wakasaki »

No...please say your not going to
share that with that twonk TT from PB..
And in any case "novice or not"
you may get carried away..literally
and so will that nice Fzr..
so dont bend..it...

After ya last clearout..i thought
you had given up on... krrrr's
well messin with um...after all
time will tell..again when you'll
start collecting..again...
Oh i might want that bit...??

Nice thou... :D . the 750 was a quick bike..
i remember a mate had a 750 and it would purr
...we went to Le Mans years back
i had a Gpz900 and he would piss past me
and that 900 was flat out 150 nomore..
on the duallies in france..
come to think of it...
a few bikes were as fast as that ole 9..
Oh but when ya young it seems..like
they were lightening...."yeah iam sure" :roll:
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Nice original bike there Gary think it's the best way to buy them, Enjoy your trackday just give yourself a couple of laps to make sure the tyres are nice & warm & dont forget to drop the pressures
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Had a proper chuckle the other day,talking to a friend about bikes-as you do,told him what i have got now and then colours come into it-"ooh yeah,i know the one,in shell suit colours!"
Tickled me and how true! :lol: 8)
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Oh dear,its happening again....one turns into two and that. #-o
Just like the kr,its multiplying :)
Race suit in loctite colours(save shell suit for best :lol: )wheels for trackdays,and the engine...to take to bits...and try to put back togeather :shock: Mr bungaloe was right,makes the kr engine look like a wind up toy :?
Nothing ventured.........and that.
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

we-heeeyyyy, nice one gary. looks like another nice example you have got yourself. same year? are you gonna treat it to a nice set of track body work? do some track days ect. the other is far too nice, in fact its pretty much mint to risk dropping. enjoy your blast home from cadwell?
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Matt,it may look nice mate,but it's a bit of a pig,fiberglass fairing,broke the exhaust trying to get it off,and the airfilter box #-o .Folk who owned it before me,did'nt know what maintainance meant!
Bought it for the bits to make mine a trackday bike without worrying too much if it/me come a croppa.
I am starting to think the same about mine being"far too nice"to track,but to me a bike is to ride and it dont stand me at too much,but it would be a shame to bin the bodywork.
The bodywork off the white one,i am gonna spray up in loctite colours(probly look rough as ....)for the track.wheels i am gonna get some decent track tyres for.The engine,i am gonna have a play with,probly wont ever work again,but,i know a man who will be able to right my wrongs :mrgreen: always nice to have a spare engine....or two...as the kr proved.
Gotta stop buying bikes though mate and pay for some track days instead!
The blast home from cadwell(better to,hardly any traffic),makes cadwell such a good day out!Everytime i get off the thing,i'm shaking,Top Buzz :D
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

lol, i know the feeling. i need to get fitter though as i was in agony at cadwell throiugh body fatigue/aching arms/legs. tryed quite hard but the lack of comfort (pain actually) gotr to my concewntration. i think my leathers are the biggest problem as i consider myself to be fairly fit. had some fun though and gave my rear tyre a good workout!! suspension a bit hard got the rear a bit hot. bike was spoton though, would have been better had i had someone to go round with. elf's bike decided enough was enough so i had to outbrake them buses on me tod!! you will love the feel of a trackday. some decent rubber/brakes and suspensionm thats thereabouts and yer laffin.