KMX 125 new pipe.

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
stevo135+
Smoker

KMX 125 new pipe.

Post by stevo135+ »

Hi folks.
I just got my bike back from having a custom made pipe, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out!
Next step is a top end re-build and fit the new carb, ignition and radiator, and then hopefully get it set up on the dyno to get the best out it.
I've got a front brake disc& front fork upgrade to go on then too.
https://s19.postimg.cc/d1y3ipw77/DSC_1265.jpg
podman
Heavy Smoker

Re: KMX 125 new pipe.

Post by podman »

Thats lovely mate...still miss my old KMX200, the white was quite a rare colour IIRC?

Any more pics.

Who did the pipe for you?
stevo135+
Smoker

Post by stevo135+ »

Thanks Podman.

Yeah your right the white KMX's were only 86&87 models and the last white one I saw in the flesh was in 94 as I used to walk to school. An older lad who lived near my mate used to ride past us on his way to work.

I've had 4 KMX's since 98, two were 200's and they were great fun on or off road. Im too poor to ever own an RD or TDR so I'm happy to stick with KMX's as my projects, and I live near a great Kawasaki dealers which helps for parts availability.

Kenny TSA did my pipe, and I'm really happy with it, but I think both the pipe and my not quite un-restricted engine were a pain!

Im re-building the top end that's only done 500miles, as the previous owner had a linered cylinder fitted, and I'm loosing power from this, and a possible issue with the KIPS valves. I want to get the motor right as Kenny's pipe has alot of potential in it for more power.

As I do the work and when it's back together I'll get a few more pictures up too. I didn't want to spoil the show me yours section with a lowly 125 either.

Definitely looking forward to getting it run in and set up with the programmable ignition that I think it deserves being a keeper.
podman
Heavy Smoker

Post by podman »

stevo135+ wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:25 pm Thanks Podman.

Yeah your right the white KMX's were only 86&87 models and the last white one I saw in the flesh was in 94 as I used to walk to school. An older lad who lived near my mate used to ride past us on his way to work.

I've had 4 KMX's since 98, two were 200's and they were great fun on or off road. Im too poor to ever own an RD or TDR so I'm happy to stick with KMX's as my projects, and I live near a great Kawasaki dealers which helps for parts availability.

Kenny TSA did my pipe, and I'm really happy with it, but I think both the pipe and my not quite un-restricted engine were a pain!

Im re-building the top end that's only done 500miles, as the previous owner had a linered cylinder fitted, and I'm loosing power from this, and a possible issue with the KIPS valves. I want to get the motor right as Kenny's pipe has alot of potential in it for more power.

As I do the work and when it's back together I'll get a few more pictures up too. I didn't want to spoil the show me yours section with a lowly 125 either.

Definitely looking forward to getting it run in and set up with the programmable ignition that I think it deserves being a keeper.
Nothing lowly about a old 2 T 125 my man, always good to see these on the road, i think many of us have a soft spot for the 125s of our youth as well, as evidenced by the prices they are now fetching.

Good luck getting her running right anyway..
stevo135+
Smoker

Post by stevo135+ »

Thanks. I hope to get it running well soon and if it can make over 21bhp when all set up correctly I'd be very happy too!
Im surprised by way some of the 12bhp era 125's have risen in price especially things like RD125LC's and DT's. I guess some of us guys that had 125's as our first bikes are maybe wanting to get back the bikes we had in our youth.