Quick run around

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
DougB
Oil Injector

Quick run around

Post by DougB »

Finally got out for a decent run. She went fine apart from a dodgy thermostat for the first few miles, stick shut and temp was on the way up to half before it sorted itself and behaved fine for the rest of the ride. Still amazes me how smooth and well these bikes ride, compared to my TZR it's like a sewing machine (just a bloody fast one!)
Rolex
Heavy Smoker

Re: Quick run around

Post by Rolex »

:o Nice 👍 had mine out last week as well 1st run of the year
Last edited by Rolex on Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Doug my C3 when cold goes to just under half before dropping back to 1/4. It done this since I have had it. In some ways I maybe the problem as After starting it I dont ride away until the top of the radiator is hand warm to touch. .
Ive only ever seen the stat really struggle, a few years ago I rode to Rivington Barn on a bank holiday. The roads around the Barn were jammed with cars . After about 15 mins of slow filtering the temp whent over 3/4. I just solved it by sitting in the queue and knocking of the engine at each stop.

Steve
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

Now then Steve,

Sadly it's definitely the stat on this (mind you £35 for a new one delivered isn't bad). The bikes been stood a couple of months and it warmed up ok on the drive, but in a mile the temp went up to about 3/4 then dropped like a stone back to almost cold, then rose up to half, then dropped then just about settled. I parked up at Helmsley for a butty and brew and when I set off it did it again. Normally it never rises above 1/3 ever, even in traffic. I had the stat out last night and tried it in water and it's definitely not working right, sort of opens at a bit of an angle then snaps the rest of the way down and the water's well over 90, so it's going in the bin!
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

Johnfarley wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:24 pm Nice 👍 had both mine out last week as well 1st run of the year
Nice to have good enough weather to be enjoying the John, got to make the most of it!