Last years big trip

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
DougB
Oil Injector

Last years big trip

Post by DougB »

Went for a run last year to the Manx/Classic TT, me and a mate of mine on his old Yam YR5.. Had a wiz round the Billown while we were there. The KR did over 200 miles an apart from changing spark plugs (they'd been in about 3 years) it never missed a beat. Unfortunately the end pulled off the clutch cable the day we were coming home but I managed to get it back ok and Venhill do a good quality replacement. Bloody brilliant few days, can't wait to get it over there for TT2020.

podman
Heavy Smoker

Re: Last years big trip

Post by podman »

Nice write up mate...any more pics, you must have taken more than 1?!
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

I took a few more :-)

We got around as much of the island as we could in the few days there, and dodging the rain. I've been to the TT a few times but this was my first trip to the Classic and it was superb. The island was quieter (lacked a bit of the TT buzz though) spectating spots were empty, pubs were still busy though. Really good mix of bikes as well, but never saw another KR!
podman
Heavy Smoker

Post by podman »

good stuff mate.

I went over with Mike(kopite30) from the forum in 2016 for the Classic, i agree with what you say, its that bit quieter and all the better for it, that said, its building in popularity every year.
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

There's talk of getting together on the Island for TT2020, can you and Mike make it across for that one?
Marty_Rillo
Heavy Smoker

Post by Marty_Rillo »

My kr1s trip last year was large.
If I can figure out the photos, I will try an get it uploaded!

The blue kr is a treat!

Cheers Martin.
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

Now then Martin,

Will you be coming down to Cadwell again this year? I've booked on to do the CBT again on the KR and maybe take the race bike..
Marty_Rillo
Heavy Smoker

Post by Marty_Rillo »

Hi Doug, I don't think I can do the classic weekend this year.
I have this shed/bike living room to build and the wife has put the foot down on any extra carricular activities that I had planned.

She has a point but I don't want to admit it!

Cheers Martin