Hi! New member with a project KR1

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Paul250B
Heavy Smoker

Hi! New member with a project KR1

Post by Paul250B »

Hi all, Paul from North Wales, decided to introduce myself after lurking for a little while, this forum seems to be an excellent source of information so thought it’d be good to subscribe too.

I’ve recently purchased a KR1, well actually several buckets of bits and a partly assembled frame, so currently rebuilding as much as possible to see what’s needed/missing/ defunct.
Hopefully you knowledgeable lots will be able to help me out with my queries.

PS my first time owning a KR1, previous had KR1S, TZR’s.
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Re: Hi! New member with a project KR1

Post by Binetta Steve »

Hi Paul you are in the right place for quality information. Use the search facility to look at previous owners rebuilds. It will save you hours of head scratching.

Steve
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Welcome to the forum Paul.
You will find all the information and help you need here.
Cheers
Bernie 8)
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
Paul250B
Heavy Smoker

Post by Paul250B »

Thank you Steve and Bernie!

Yeah I’ve been lurking for a few weeks and I’ve read up on a couple of the restorations.
Some really inspiring work going on!

I’m starting to compile a list of parts needed, majority of it is fasteners, most of which I’ve sourced, must admit the temptation to go stainless was almost irresistible.... almost.

So far I know I’m a couple of brackets short, rear of tank fixing bracket, I seem to remember from the KR1S it’s like a threaded tube welded to a plate? A small strengthening bracket on the rear seat mount (easy enough to copy) and looking at the parts manual I’m a little unsure of the rad mounts, I have a bracket for the top, looks like 2x m6 into frame, and 2x m6 through some dampers into rad, what is there at the bottom and where does it fix too? Some photos would be good so I can see the bracket.
Coose
Heavy Smoker

Post by Coose »

Hi Paul, and welcome.

As above, the search function on this forum is excellent, where you'll generally find the answer to any KR-related question you have!

This forum is quite rare in that every participant is decent, helpful, and is extremely enthusiastic. Some have even been on the telly too!