Traded my FZR 400rr for a kR1s

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
iain250
Heavy Smoker

Traded my FZR 400rr for a kR1s

Post by iain250 »

Traded my restored yam for something ive always wanted the kr1s when it came up on the transport the guy had thrown in a almost complete kr1 minus engine ! what i wanted to know is the fairing interchangeable as the plastic on the older bike is in very good condition and any help would be much appreciated
cheers
iain
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Post by Bikemike »

The fairings are fully interchangable, the only difference is the paint and stickers.
Welcome!

Mike
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
iain250
Heavy Smoker

Post by iain250 »

Thanks mike i couldnt beleive it when he pushed this second bike out of the back of the van
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

welcome Iain,sounds like a result,any chance of a few pictures?
iain250
Heavy Smoker

The evil twins.

Post by iain250 »

Thanks pablo - im calling this 2 the evil twins - no motor in the old timer but lots of good bits and fairing is perfect - what a racket is going to come from my garage this winter will get the young 1 back to her glory - il need all the help i can get folks have a look and see what you think !

http://s646.photobucket.com/albums/uu19 ... twins3.jpg
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

she looks in great shape 8)
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
iain250
Heavy Smoker

Post by iain250 »

She doesnt seem to have been hacked about much- everything just has a feel of her been idle for a long time in the past - all the bolts and fittings seem factory fitted not the usual mixture of strange m6 and m8 setscrews and threaded rod that we all have lying around - ive taken her out for a blast after checking her over - lordy now i remember why i like 2 strokes