Soon to be mine...

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
daz

Soon to be mine...

Post by daz »

Hi there, great to see a messageboard dedicated to these bikes.

This is a picture of my brothers 91' KR1S. He bought it from a dealer 3 years ago who had it in part ex. It's been well looked after, has done 21'000 miles or so and my brother has spent quite a bit of time on it. At the moment it sits in my garage while he gets it ready for it's MOT.

It's not perfect or original, far from it but i know its history and for an 18 year old bike its mint. The electrics need sorting out as both the indicators come on when you stick the sidelights on (bad earth?) wheels need powder coating probably white again, a few things need polishing but most of its cosmetics. Started it yesterday and after sitting there for 8months it fired up with 4 kicks :) although i think maybe the petrol is a bit old down to the amount of smoke that came out :D.

Will post a few more picks outside once we have some more nice weather.

Just a quick question, i tried Bennets online for insurance anyone have any suggestions for cheaper Bike insurance. They quoted me £246.80 fully comp for a rider with less than a years experience and just passed full liscence with a recent driving ban, not bad i thought.

Cheers
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

a good example :)

ive been insured with carol nash for ahes on a wode range of bikes anmd they always appear the best value
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

hi, looks like a great bike, i've been insured with bennetts for some years now and they always seem good value, trouble with insurance is that you don't know how good it is until you have to use it, my last quote for my 1989 kr-1 was 45 quid fully comp! thing is that i'm an old fart who has never made a claim, at least there's one benefit to getting older.
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

for insurance try thebikeinsurer.co.uk its a comparison website and its been pretty good when i've used it in the past

bike looks sweet, the white wheels suit it