just new here

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
sandman

just new here

Post by sandman »

hey my name is sandy and am from australia got told about this site from an australian two stroke site. i have a 92 kr1s c3 and fried a piston and crank and am looking for a few engine parts to get my baby back on the road i miss it soooo soooo much and would really appreciate any help i can get thanks!
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

Hello and welcome, sure someone will be along in a moment to help - your bike looks a bit dusty in the pic!!
Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
sandman

Post by sandman »

yeah been in the corner of the shed for about six years due to not being able to find parts. the engine is out of it all in peices. finding all this stuff on the internet has brought back some hope that it will go again. i,ll get it out during the week and clean it all up and get some more pics of it. i haven't seen any others in that colour scheme. so plastics might be a little hard to find.
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

OEM plastics can be a pig to find in good nick.

might be worth looking at a replica fairing from the likes of ARD
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
smithyrc30
Heavy Smoker

Post by smithyrc30 »

That looks about a hundred times better than the wrecks I have :D

Where abouts are you? There are several guys on here from Australia, though I haven't seen any one from NT, pretty much every other state is represented.

Parts aren't that bad. It could be worse, it could be a 1921 Springer Batfly....
sandman

Post by sandman »

yeah my local kwaka dealer keeps telling me all parts are NLA so i gave up for a few years. lying pricks or just to lazy i don't know?? im getting real excited now i know its a high possibility to get the baby going again. a local bike mechanic offered to mix and match a few engine parts and make it work. but he said it could last ten mins or ten years. so wasnt going to spend a few grand to blow the thing up again!!! if only i knew about this site six years ago. might have to try a few dealers in melbourne see if they will help
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Same as smithyrc30 here. The best KR I've got came home in boxes (almost looks like a bike now). :roll:
How bad is your crank? I'm sure I've got one (or 2) spare in the garage, but not sure how good/bad it is. Even if you do get a second hand crank, youll probably need to get it rebuilt as the seals become brittle and fail after sitting for a long time. New after-market pistons are available (although not so easy to find over here).

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :mrgreen:
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
sandman

crank

Post by sandman »

am happy to get what ever i can. what kind of dollars would you be after for one?? one side of my crank is a really pretty blue colour. lovely to look at but stuffed for use!!!