My new project

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Olboy

My new project

Post by Olboy »

Hi all,

Just picked up this KR1s C2 to do as a project over the summer. Some non standard parts and no original fasteners but basically a solid bike.

I also have an RGV and am an active member of the rgv250 forum.

Any advice appreciated.

Rob
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

a few ZXR bits,but bags o potential.good luck with it,nice bike
"Turned out nice again"
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Welcome aboard Olboy,

That is a perfect project, although if i'm honest, I would just get it road legal & have some fun :twisted:

And then work on it over winter!

Are we now winning over the Rgv boys? :lol:

Anything you need to know, just let us know & we'll do our best.

Howie
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Post by Bikemike »

That's an interesting mix of bits.
Zxr400 front end, Zxr750 rear wheel(?)
Let us know how it goes.

Mike
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
salty
Heavy Smoker

Post by salty »

Your wrong about the original fasteners - the original Kawasaki ones can be identified by looking for a fetching rust colour - If you really want to be sure try removing a few - if they snap off flush they were original alright. are the centres of the discs really green? thats novel!

Salty
iain250
Heavy Smoker

Post by iain250 »

that looks like a very good buy - a lot of the hard works been done on her by the looks of it - quick tidy and a weekend with the polish and have a good summer id say - remember we now get 9 month long winters - plenty time for spanners later !
cheers
iain
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

We've seen that before on here can anyone remember who's it was?
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

yeah i built that one front end is zxr400 rear wheel is rgv nikon pipes and lomas end cans, should also have ram pipes cant remember what breed though.
I think there are pics in this section somewhere
I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)
Olboy

Post by Olboy »

john-b wrote:yeah i built that one front end is zxr400 rear wheel is rgv nikon pipes and lomas end cans, should also have ram pipes cant remember what breed though.
Thanks for the info John,

Ram air pipes are still on there. It still runs well. I need to rebuild the forks as one of the seals has gone and also tidy up some of the wiring as there is a big bunch of spade connectors sitting under the instruments. After that I'll get it on the road and plan to strip and clean over the winter. (I don't suppose you know which ZXR400 model the forks came from do you?

Rob
Olboy

Post by Olboy »

Olboy wrote:
john-b wrote:yeah i built that one front end is zxr400 rear wheel is rgv nikon pipes and lomas end cans, should also have ram pipes cant remember what breed though.
Thanks for the info John,

Ram air pipes are still on there. It still runs well. I need to rebuild the forks as one of the seals has gone and also tidy up some of the wiring as there is a big bunch of spade connectors sitting under the instruments. After that I'll get it on the road and plan to strip and clean over the winter. (I don't suppose you know which ZXR400 model the forks came from do you?

Rob
Found your original post and pictures. ZXR400H sorted.

Rob
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

nice 'starting'point for a project......enjoy this summer then get to work over winter.....so you've probably got about 2 weeks riding left........ :lol: :lol:
'So,who's paranoid'.........The Damned's new album,released 10/11/2008 or available to d/load from...'officialdamned.com .....go on treat yourself........