KR-1R - Formula 3 race bike

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Gecko Racing 74
lurker

KR-1R - Formula 3 race bike

Post by Gecko Racing 74 »

Hi all

I'm new to the KR forum, having recently bought a KR-1R F3 race bike. I imported it from Japan in June 2010 and I'm looking forward to restoring it back to race worthy condition. It will probably never see the road again (at least not with me), but I would like to have a play on the track. So if any of you have a good black/green KR1S fairing I can buy, then I'd like to hear from you.

Cheers

Dan 07974 132739 [img][img]http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq36 ... KR-1R7.jpg[/img][/img][/url]
Gecko Racing 74
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

nice, are the zxr4 forks? kit pipes? kit rad would look the part. i assume it has the 35mm carbs. i get the impression you do a lot of importing, is this a buisness or purely a hobbie. anmy othe special bits on this bike?
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Welcome to the forum.
You have certainly got your self a proper version there Gecko!
There are some on here who would give there back teeth for that bike.I dont know how many were produced,but only 2(as far as i can work out)were ever brought into this country,and i believe MJ has part of one,and the other got binned? :?
As far as a original fairing goes......Good Luck!
Probly best to get a pattern one painted.
Welcome again,and Nice Bike! :D
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Welcome to the forum mate,A nice bit of kit you've got there anymore exotica in the stable :?:
"Turned out nice again"
si.likes.guiness
Heavy Smoker

Post by si.likes.guiness »

dans got some lovely stuff :D how many f3 nsr 250's is it now :lol:
ive seen more tarts than mr kipling
Gecko Racing 74
lurker

Post by Gecko Racing 74 »

Hi all

Thanks for your comments. Ha ha, anyone who races like me knows bikes are not a good business, bikes are for fun even though I do bring the odd bike back from Japan now and then. I have a 'proper day job' that takes up more than it's fair share of my life. If you want to make money, then my advice is to stick to IT or consultancy!

I do have a few other 250cc race bikes from the 90s, as that's what I remember from being a spotty teenager, but no massive collection I'm afraid. I have a 1990 NSR250RK TT-F3 race bike and a 1995 TZR250SPR 3XV-F3 race bike.

Nice to see a great collection of bikes on this website, some people have some great bikes. 90s two strokes are a great investment and I think will reward all their owners well in years to come.

Cheers

Dan
Gecko Racing 74