My new toy from good ol Ebay,

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
classic_2smokers

My new toy from good ol Ebay,

Post by classic_2smokers »

Just got my KR1S from Australia a couple of days ago and its really tidy and complete, as soon as I got it I ripped all the wooden box off with a big smile on my face :mrgreen: and when Igot to the bike I was relly happy with what I saw especially buying of the net you dont know what your getting. I havent started it yet but are going to get some fresh oils this weekend for it. I have connected the battery and checked the KIPS operation and are smooth and do there thing, Just needs a good polish and degrease under the bike and a new set of tyres and man what a mission to find tyres for these bikes,I did end up finding some Shinko tyres and apparently arent to bad form some reveiws I have seen.Photo shows no lower fairing but do have it and does need a little hole fixed but nothing serious.Will keep everyone posted and let you know how the ride goes when I get it all cleaned up and ready for the road. \:D/and yes it is in the bedroom :lol:

[/iImagemg]
Last edited by classic_2smokers on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
two strokes rule and smell good too! Hmmmmm
Charles
Premix Junkie

Re: My new toy from good ol Ebay,

Post by Charles »

Hi,

congratulations on your new bike.
classic_2smokers wrote:J a new set of tyres and man what a mission to find tyres for these bikes,I did end up finding some Shinko tyres and apparently arent to bad form some reveiws I have seen.
Can't you get Bridgestone or Dunlop tyres?

Charles
classic_2smokers

could get dunlops but none in the country for a while and tried to get some bt090 but have been discontinued,I am just impatient I guess and especially when there is a KR1S in the house :lol: The Shinko's will be fine I guess.
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Post by Bikemike »

ATTN Col

It can be done.
No excuses now........
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

NICE... excellent

and the ONLY one in NZ of that colour scheme I expect
your half way there to collecting the set

ask NZKR1 (George) he'll have a source for tyres for his racebike(s) and sometimes sells part worn ones
rhyde

Re: My new toy from good ol Ebay,

Post by rhyde »

so ur the one who beat me to this

down to the last thirty seconds you won
argggggghhhhhhhh bugger
well congrats
classic_2smokers wrote:Just got my KR1S from Australia a couple of days ago and its really tidy and complete, as soon as I got it I ripped all the wooden box off with a big smile on my face :mrgreen: and when Igot to the bike I was relly happy with what I saw especially buying of the net you dont know what your getting. I havent started it yet but are going to get some fresh oils this weekend for it. I have connected the battery and checked the KIPS operation and are smooth and do there thing, Just needs a good polish and degrease under the bike and a new set of tyres and man what a mission to find tyres for these bikes,I did end up finding some Shinko tyres and apparently arent to bad form some reveiws I have seen.Photo shows no lower fairing but do have it and does need a little hole fixed but nothing serious.Will keep everyone posted and let you know how the ride goes when I get it all cleaned up and ready for the road. \:D/and yes it is in the bedroom :lol:

[/iImagemg]
classic_2smokers

Thankyou,I had been watching it for a while and couldnt beleive I got it in the last few seconds,Its not in bad nick too.Have some new parts coming for it so I can start riding it as soon as its roadlegal.