New Friends...

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
90sbiker
Smoker

New Friends...

Post by 90sbiker »

...as the KR was looking lonely during the winter a new friend was required :) she's a bit rough at the moment but runs.. Hope to rebuild completely in Pepsi Colours of the era.. got to love the early late 80s and early 90s :) BTW this is the KR I'm after the tail pipes for to put her back to standard(ish) :D
teerex
Oil Injector

Post by teerex »

Nice pair of smokers you have there, how do they compare!!
It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
90sbiker
Smoker

Post by 90sbiker »

yeah, i'm well pleased couldn't afford an RGV in 1990 so bought a KR1 instead, never regreted that but nice to have one now :wink:
Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to play yet as it only arrived today, sounds like I should rebuild it first or carry my AA card.. :D
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

8) 8)
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

Kr1stofer wrote:But i can't decide wether to keep it or send it to a new home where it will be ridden more often.... :-k
Bertie_Mollie
Premix Junkie

Post by Bertie_Mollie »

I like the VJ21. They are really small like a 125. I had a K model and the power was like an on off switch at 8K :twisted:

Which model RGV is yours?
GWB KR1s C2 - Now gone :-(
GWB KR1 - YES IT'S DONE!
ZXR400L PROJECT :shock:
AND NO S****Y H****A'S

Usque Ad Mortem Bibendum
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

I like the VJ21 too, much prefer the look to that of the 22 models on.

Can't quite put my finger on why though :-k

Lack of bling maybe :-k
90sbiker
Smoker

Post by 90sbiker »

Someone has a very good memory, KR-1R :D , I have had it for a while now 3yrs ish, been MOT'd since Feb now and gets used all the time, in fact I used it today to pop and see a customer, I just prayed I wouldn't need my tools (any excuse)..
It is a VJ21A 1990 (still learning the sub models) I was thinking about getting a VJ22 all done up but thought it would be more fun doing this one up from scratch.. :)
90sbiker
Smoker

Post by 90sbiker »

I thought I better not start an RGV Project thread on here 8-[ but seeing as this thread is already here I will post some progress pics along the way, I'm glad I decided to strip it back to the nuts and bolts as I have found a few gremlins hidden thats for sure!! Thought I would make a quick start on it, everthing has been catalogued on the way.. Quite good fun!! :)
90sbiker
Smoker

Post by 90sbiker »

Made some good progress, got some bits cleaned up ready for the next step.. Not sure whether to go for powder coat, 2 Pack or get the alloy anodized, but read somewhere that all the embedded steel bolts would have to come out of the frame.. Not playing that game.. Any ideas whats best for an orignal finish? Cheers :)
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

90sbiker wrote:Made some good progress, got some bits cleaned up ready for the next step.. Not sure whether to go for powder coat, 2 Pack or get the alloy anodized, but read somewhere that all the embedded steel bolts would have to come out of the frame.. Not playing that game.. Any ideas whats best for an orignal finish? Cheers :)
I used to be sold on powder coat but now I'm a fan of 2 Pack. It seems it give a more OEM less 'gloopy' finish. Think Martin has found this too - and he has done a number of superb builds. Sure I've seen this on a recent thread.
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
90sbiker
Smoker

Post by 90sbiker »

I think I'm going to go the 2 Pack route too, that is what I was edging towards.. Do you mean you have seen my pic on another thread? Maybe the RGV Forum? Took that pic this afternoon after lots of degreasing :) I can't wait to get it finished lol :)
90sbiker
Smoker

Post by 90sbiker »

Down to the bones & starting to go back the other way, slooowly :)
teerex
Oil Injector

Post by teerex »

Mmmmmmmmmmm, could one of these be my next project! it would look nice parked next to the KR1, then an NSR, TZR.

No, i wish the voices would stop!!!! :lol:
It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
90sbiker
Smoker

Post by 90sbiker »

Go on.. You know you want to... :twisted: I have already got visions of an RD125LC alongside these and I have hardly even started this one!! :shock: