current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2
garye345
Premix Junkie

Re: Project KR1SS - So far

Post by garye345 »

martin wrote:prob had too much wine when I posted, hence getting carried away
Nowt wrong wi that lad :) EE bye gum :lol:
Pretty impressive motor all the same Martin,i'd be over the moon if it was mine =D> .
But is it faster than me 600 k4 hey...is it???? :mrgreen: :wink:
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Krazy-Katt wrote:After reading this thread my memory has been jogged somewhat, as I get frequent phone calls as you can imagine.
I do remember having a phone call with someone working nights about setting up a bike with programmable ignition. I have to take my young son to school which leaves me able to work between 9.15 and 3.15 during the week, I can do the odd evening (for not too long) and some Saturday mornings. Setting a bike with jetting, bespoke power valve map, and bespoke Ignition curve takes time and you can’t do the job properly in 5mins. There are consequences if it isn’t right, thus I need an appropriate window of time to do the job. It’s not fair to a customer if they’ve turned up on time and I tell them to go before the job’s done. I don’t work Sundays or Saturday afternoons (unless I overrun), as I have residents and a family to consider. Added to that, I have a life too.
I try to do my best for people but if people find my working hours unreasonable or they just can’t make it, that is fine. I know can’t be everything to everyone, I can only do my best.
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

that's not totally true, I was under the impression that sat afternoon was ok on the 1 st phone call. but it does,nt matter. typical forum. things getting turned around. [and it has a standard ignition,not a programmable one
current bikes
gary
Smoker

Post by gary »

Hi, gave the almighty powerful kr1ss some spit and polish today, it,s going to it,s first show on Wednesday 30th July at classics on the common, Harpenden, herts just off the A1081. If any one attending come and say hello :D =D>
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Would love to, but it's back to work for me tomorrow.
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

any updates gary
current bikes
gary
Smoker

Post by gary »

Hi, fitted this zeeltronic CDI Unit a while back. Must say highly recommend just plug in & go. Made the bike run better, pick up better & pulls harder. Heard it gives 2 or 3 HP more straight out of the box. Have to get the bike back on the dyno & see what improvements it gives. Will have to get the dyno operator to plug in a laptop & corresponding software & play around with it & see if I can hit a magic 70 HP [-o<
gary
Smoker

Post by gary »

Remember kids you are only allowed to use forum approved dynos for your power readings :mrgreen:
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

this bhp discussion keeps coming up gary, even I got carried away with it and got a tad upset with it, but I can understand why you feel the way you do. some people are posting up about dyno,s saying they are completely right when actually,they are only partly right, whilst I agree with part of the discussion that all dyno,s read different. and that part is correct,
also if you got your bike dyno,ed at krazy kats, that would give a direct comparison compared to other forum members bikes [that bit is also true].
but what some people have got completely wrong is that your bike was dyno,ed on a fuchs dyno which is very accurate and like krazy kats dyno reads lower than most other dynos,
so your rear wheel figure of 66bhp is a true bhp figure,
but still some people dispute this, I would,nt worry gary, as this subject of bhp is the same on all forums.
current bikes
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

gary wrote:Remember kids you are only allowed to use forum approved dynos for your power readings :mrgreen:
I use an ARSE dyno, is that approved?! Sensor mounted right on the seat, connected up to an exaggeration unit located right between my ears it's so sensitive I can tell the extra bhp I get just from changing the plugs.. last outing I was getting 75 horses at the rear wheel no trouble :shock: :shock:
gary
Smoker

Post by gary »

Hi, will be attending the Gibson dyno day this Saturday, with my bike, should be a great day. Anyone else on here going, come and say hello . Got to keep the KR1S alive in front of all those LC\PV boys going. Will post some pictures up , over the weekend. :D
headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Post by headcoats »

Gibson's dyno reads very optimistic :lol:
Can it yer old boiler
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

headcoats wrote:Gibson's dyno reads very optimistic :lol:
Not again :lol:
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

thanks for inviting me along today gary, had a good time at gibsons dyno day.

well pleased for you with your bike making 67.1 bhp at the back wheel

are you going to let us all know what you have arranged with the editor of classic mechanics magazine,
current bikes