Kr1S from bits

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Barthuisman

Kr1S from bits

Post by Barthuisman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:14 pm

Hello everybody,

Recently I have bought a collection of bits and parts with the potential of building a complete bike from it all.
As I have not made many pictures from the state it all began, i will post pictures from rebuilding.

Work done so far; rebuild both front forks, frame and swing arm powdercoated, all bearings and seals have been replaced, the barrels have been replated, calipers and brake cilinders rebuild and repainted and various bits and parts cleaned and refurbished.

Image[/img]

Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]

Image[/img]Image[/img]

This will probably be the colourscheme, since I find it very attractive;
Image[/img]

The cranckshaft and bottom end+gearbox had already been rebuild by the previous owner, and this is somewhat of a gamble, since it is not a stock crank. This one suposedly should be better/faster according to the previos owner. At least all visible bearings and seals are new. Everything so far does seem to fit and line up correctly. So I guess I will take the gamble.

I hope to get her on her wheels again this weekend.

A few Questions though, Since I also intend to use this bike for the road as well as for track days, because I already have a nice example for on the road, I would like to get a little more power from the engine. I have read a lot of threads here about the larger 35mm' carbs and F3 kips valves, even a thread from someone who offers them for sale. (BDK). Has anyone had any experience with this? Are the valves up to the test and do they actually make a difference? Same goes for the PWK carbs, I guess they are clones since the price seems low for Keihin carbs. Did anyone run these?

I hope you enjoy the pictures (i hope they are visible), and every tip and trick is welcome. And I will keep you all posted.

Link to the photobucket....
http://s557.photobucket.com/user/barthuisman85/library/