SHimmer45's KR1-S

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

best get a move on or you'll miss the summer :)

seemed to be a lot of bikes about today - going by exhaust noises i could
hear - think i'll wait until easter
Smokings Good For You
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

went out for a bimble on the XJ today...

1st bit of sun and all the tourist's appear in the new forest ](*,)
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Garry wrote:seemed to be a lot of bikes about today - going by exhaust noises i could
hear - think i'll wait until easter
Lightweight :lol: :lol: :lol:

I went out yesterday (and had a little mishap) with the hybrid and decided to take the KR out for a bit this morning (cos' I really need to double check them zzr calipers, honest love' 8) ) and did something I haven't done for years.............

ran out of petrol :oops: well thay've shut all the petrol stations down near me honest. Ok was having too much fun, tell you what it's a lot easier now, used to be a marathon push or hike, now it's get your mobile out and 'well if you want me to go to ikea this afty you'd better get in the car and bring me a can of juice, cos otherwise.........' :lol:
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

since i put my kr on the road ive done 6000mls in eight months.... not rode any of my others...and ive just sold the r1...lookin at rg500/rd500 but all seem to b around 4-5 grand...may get an rsv mille...or may put an rg lump in a kr1??? anyone done it yet??.....better give the bank manager a bj...lol..dal
:D
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

i has been done bung, a ratty race bike tuned, polished frame with black+flouredcent pink+yellow paint complete with battlescars and tz bodywork and to this day its the best 500 hybrid ive seen, miles better than yer average(if there was such a thing!!) rgv-500. i dont know why, it had loads of niggles, wasnt really pretty and basicly only used parts of other road bikes, usd forks etc. built in the early mid 90's. maybe it just had a certain amount of character, much like a tz/rs250 with scuffs on the bellypan were its decked or peeled edges on tyres! also the pic of him wheelying at a near vertical angle swayed me this was a racers bike who could ride it not just another big budget special built by a slo-joe with wads of cash. its a enginnering staement, work in progress but i absolutly love that bike. barry j has the article, this is what reinded me about the particular bike. was in performance bikes.
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

Smokings Good For You
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

oooh.. ive gone all weak at the knees..may be the way to go....hmmm do i pay off the credit card n buy the missus some flowers...nah she'll appreciate a kr500 as much as i will......NOT!!!
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

today we have achieved........
not sure my finger tips appreciated todays efforts mind :D

need to invest in a buffing wheel i think autosol by hand is hard work.
but is rewarding.
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Yeah, buff wheels are awsome. I use my mates one, and it takes about 5 minutes instead of 5 hours! :mrgreen: You can also get into those tricky corners etc with the dremel buff wheel, and then just give it all a quick finish by hand.
Saves your fingertips this way..... although there is a bonus to wearing the tips (fingerprints) off... :-$
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

well ive gone and missed the summer and what have i achieved... not alot.

got some nice piccies of the black frame and that but that is about it o and some nicely polished forks

:oops:
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

getting some boots on say.. some alpha 10's 150ish fitted i think...... so gonna be busy assembling the chassis at the weekend woot =D>
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

well i have some news :)

properly pulled finger out of arse today and the result with some help :

pleased with how it looks :mrgreen:

all new bearings in etc and its all nice and tight, apart from some slight play in the rear suspension linkage which is odd as its got new bearings and sleeves throughout... so any thoughts be handy, as i cant see why there is the slop which you can feel if you lift the back end up gently.
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Yup, looks well =D> . Now next weekend I want to see it with the........... :lol:

It's good when you get them actually looking like a bike rather than a pile of scrap, gives you a good gee up.
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

loom and stuff in next weekend along with the brakes and the like hopefully, tho i need to repaint the tokio's that i have as they are bit grubby.

but yes good to see it coming together, so it might even be at the next kwak sunday if others are gonna do the same thing as last year
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

the play could be in the swingarm bearings - not the linkages - look closely for movement there when you lift the back end
Smokings Good For You