Not everyone will like it

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

Hello again
Really appreciate the comments, boosts my ego no end, especially Corky and MG, I'll have to make you both my press officers if I'm ever rich and famous, Thanks. :oops:
Whenever I post pictures of what I've been up to it's not done to get pats on the back appreciated as they are.
I post to swap ideas with other members and steal some of theirs.
Gary, the kick start is nickel plate, I prefer it to zinc. I bought a small home plating system that I've used all over the bike so I can get the finish I want.
And finally, Jan, ( clever shite!,) :lol: thanks I would have probably missed that.
Wouldn't care but I gave it a good look over. & was happy.
Red, sort of fancy a shot at Cliff's JL's ( I certainly wouldn't want a shot at his LJ's ) :lol: for my micron gp's. But might get accused of plagerism.
I'm going to make some changes to the microns. ( angle grinder / welding ) If its a success I'll post some pics. Alan
Two in every one of us is Schiz-oo phrenic

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Gis the loan of your face I want to worry this rat
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

alanw wrote: Red, sort of fancy a shot at Cliff's JL's ( I certainly wouldn't want a shot at his LJ's ) :lol: for my micron gp's. But might get accused of plagerism.
I'm going to make some changes to the microns. ( angle grinder / welding ) If its a success I'll post some pics. Alan
Not by me you wouldn't, Alan :lol:

Been thinking the same thing about shortening them myself, removing approx 3inch and getting rid of the solid hangers and using the lomas can hangers, but not sure what effect that may have on the pipes.

Anyone more clued up than me tell us what the effect of the above would be?
The last time Liverpool Fc won the league, George Michael was black and Michael Jackson was straight or visa versa, it's that long ago I get confused.
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Red Devil 777 wrote:
alanw wrote: Red, sort of fancy a shot at Cliff's JL's ( I certainly wouldn't want a shot at his LJ's ) :lol: for my micron gp's. But might get accused of plagerism.

Been thinking the same thing about shortening them myself, removing approx 3inch and getting rid of the solid hangers and using the lomas can hangers, but not sure what effect that may have on the pipes.

Where abouts are you thinking of cutting them?
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

the-elf wrote:
Red Devil 777 wrote:

Where abouts are you thinking of cutting them?
Immeadiately before the end cans, I think the general opinion of microns is that they stick out too far at the back, they have quite a long section of narrow pipe (on which the solid rear hangers are mounted). If you were to remove about 3 inches of this narrow section you would be able to position the cans in approx the same position as std/jl/nikkon etc.
The last time Liverpool Fc won the league, George Michael was black and Michael Jackson was straight or visa versa, it's that long ago I get confused.
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

just re-read the topic : is it (looks like) an original swing-arm with a brace welded on ?
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

I was only going to shorten the pipes as well until I got Heather ( wife ) to look at them.
She's got a great eye for lines / proportions . She suggested lift & move closer in to the bike, & remove the 3 grotesque brackets.
( Then Shorten the btm pipe 35mm,,,,, top pipe 50 / 70 mm \:D/ not done yet .)
Here's the mock up I'm working on. minus the shortened pipes & brackets removed.
All Ive done to get them in this position is release them from each other & rotate them
at the last spring joint.
End cans will need rotating back in line. & last spring joint realigning
Col" once said micron gp's ! some times love them sometimes hate them. I felt the same......
Probably more unforeseen problems to come. but I love them now........ PS. R6 shock + left hand micron gp cross over pipe foul each other. Got that to sort yet ! Alan.

Jan, "yes" but would change things now 20 / 20 Hindsight.... Used 1.5 ali plate, 2mm + would be better, & would leave more chain clearance ??
Alan.

PS 2..... Learnt one thing from the recent chenanigans......." dont get into a Picture argument with,,,,, Barry J.... Cruel but f%^*ing funny :lol: :lol:

zigcoors

Post by zigcoors »

Instead of shortening the pipes - what about fitting alternative end cans ( smaller)

Something like this:

From NK Racing
http://www.nkracing.co.uk

Ian
Lots of Yamaha two strokes - probably not the thing to own on a Kawasaki Forum
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

Ian. I have that in mind. But will probably shorten the originals first. NK look top quality though. ! Alan.

rvf nut
Smoker

Post by rvf nut »

fukin magic mate .
fail to prepare ,prepare to fail
corky
Oil Injector

Post by corky »

mmmh...still in love.......

change the cans for the nk smaller ones....

=P~ =P~ =P~
kr1s project wanted
aprillia rs125 track bike
03 r6 race/trackbike
dr500 flat tracker project
plus a few more......x7,kdx125 etc
rvf nut
Smoker

Post by rvf nut »

stick some ktm duke two light's in that then ,they will fit a treat and be a piece of piss to fit.
fail to prepare ,prepare to fail
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

Ok. putting Micron GP's on. Guest there would be a problem with the fairing ext. See " Hello stranger" & there is, so I am making a new mould of the original. I will make one new fairing ext, which I will mod to suit the Microns & remould that one again, to get what I want. " not very concise I know".......Anyway there were 1 or 2 showed interest In having one of the original ext pieces. NOW would be the time to SAY If you want one, while I'm doing this one.... Then I'll explain how to fit one onto your fairing lower, WITHOUT having to drill or Damage that. Once that's explained & your happy I'll make them .....Alan.

The new mould, silicon rubber covered by GRP Nearly done.

alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

Well after the ZERO ! response to the offer of making fairing extensions
:oops:. "Don't I look the fool"... I thought your probably all Gay anyway & that's why I'm not "BITTER"...... :lol:

Anyway made another one in case their were any Heterosexual's out there
:lol:

Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

That looks good Alan, and as a 100% hetrosexual member (ooer missus) would offer a home for one if you have one for sale :lol:
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

I would have had one Alan if I had a standard road bike. they look the dogs bo^^ocks
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk