PISTONS

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
wakasaki
Heavy Smoker

PISTONS

Post by wakasaki »

:o FOR ANYONE WHO HAS NOT SEEN A WOSSNER FORGED PISTON AGAINST A STANDARD ONE... I JUST PUT A SET OF THESE IN MY TUNED ENGINE..THERE SICK MAN...

ENJOY

PS...SO ABOUT THE CAP LOCK... JUST PREFER TO WRITE THAT WAY... NOT THIS WAY...OH WHO CARES? [-X

GARY

alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

Gary Whats the coating on it, ? & do they do a single ring version.
+ Our panel of experts MJ...MG....ELF etc will have to scrutinise them. They do look nice, will you be polishing them. :lol: Alan
Two in every one of us is Schiz-oo phrenic

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Gis the loan of your face I want to worry this rat
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

are they better than Stock is the important question :D
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
wakasaki
Heavy Smoker

Pistons

Post by wakasaki »

I cannot believe my eyes or ears...... Are they better than stock pistons ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR,,,,, YES...They are forged not cast..and work at better tolerances heat and pressure... No Wossner do not make a single ring version... And No Wiseco do make them either in any format Yz or tz no good...and as for the panel of experts...well come on... If they didnt need them for perfomance then they wouldnt make them would they... ](*,) :shock: :-# Those who can do ..Those who dont talk??

I dont bloody believe it...///

Anyway

I may post some pics of my finished bike...

Gary [-(
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

being as im not a mechanic i dont know the ins and out of what is good or bad hence the question.

perhaps i should have said what are the advantages over stock?
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

SHimmer45 wrote:perhaps i should have said what are the advantages over stock?
I understood your question :D , advantages as far as I am aware for a forged piston are that in highly tuned engines if something goes wrong they dont explode like a cast piston - but - they take longer to reach operating temperature and they expand more than a cast piston (so tolerances when cold can be a bit sloppy) this is because cast pistons can contain silicone. Silicon improves high heat strength and reduces the coefficient of expansion so tighter tolerances can be held as temperatures change - but it makes the piston brittle so when a cast piston lets go it lets go big style - for the road a cast piston is fine its advantages outweigh its disadvantages as far as I am concerned.
Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
wakasaki
Heavy Smoker

piston

Post by wakasaki »

Who said anything about its structure ..\the whole point is to show there are variations of pistons.. And i certainly disagree, there are many advantages using better products - its lighter and performs better..>>that rules out the disadvantages... Its a Kr1s not a maclaren F1.. [-( I dont know why we bother.... ](*,)
alimorg
Site Admin

Re: piston

Post by alimorg »

wakasaki wrote:the whole point is to show there are variations of pistons..
Yes that is what I was doing pointing out the differences between the pistons
wakasaki wrote:And i certainly disagree, there are many advantages using better products - its lighter and performs better..>>that rules out the disadvantages...
In a race application maybe, but all my riding is on the road so all I was saying was that forged pistons are not for me, especially as I could get a couple of piston kits for the same price as one forged piston!
wakasaki wrote:Its a Kr1s not a maclaren F1.. [-(
No cos if it was an F1 you would have no choice but to use forged pistons, but because I ride a KR-1 I do have that choice. I am not saying that my way is best its just my way
wakasaki wrote:I dont know why we bother.... ](*,)
Hmmm
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
nate
Heavy Smoker

Post by nate »

Would this help?

alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

Ahh thats better thanks nate
Cheers
AL
wakasaki
Heavy Smoker

PISTONS

Post by wakasaki »

THIS IS LIKE THAT OLD SONG CIRCLES ...WINDMILLS OF YOUR MIND...GOING AROUND AROUND..

WHATEVER.... IS NOT RIGHT FOR SOMEONE IS RIGHT FOR SOMEONE..

GARY

ENJOY THE PICS...
wakasaki
Heavy Smoker

PISTON

Post by wakasaki »

YES PLEASE... I HAVE JUST SPILT ME BOTTLE AND LOST ME HIGH HEEL..CHEERS FOR THE RECUE..

GARY =D>
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

Thats nothing I've lost all the buttons from my blouse!
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Nate, piss off with yer handbag pics will ya :lol: :lol:

I get enough of that with the missus, bloody Radley this Prada that, she'll be logging on here if you keep sticking pics like that up. :lol: :lol:
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

I mention these three names because they RACE there engines & have years of experience :wink: . Shimmer & me asked reasonable questions. sadly We didnt know we had to treat your posts "AS THE WORD OF GOD" yours ever so humbly alan
Two in every one of us is Schiz-oo phrenic

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Gis the loan of your face I want to worry this rat