Kr1 b2

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
proddyraceKR1S
Light Smoker

Kr1 b2

Post by proddyraceKR1S »

Just got a b2 kr1 bit rough n ready but all there needs a few bit doing tell me was the 1s much better should I keep it original or upgrade it ie wheels brakes pipes I’m unsure where to go or should I go full original restore?
podman
Heavy Smoker

Re: Kr1 b2

Post by podman »

Depends what your intending use it for it, if you want to do some trackdays, the S brakes will certainly better...Just be honest with your self, do you want to just have fun on it or set a personnel best lap time?

Which is "better", well at our age, all things being equal, my take on it is a fat flip on an S will have a slower bike than a skinny,light old flip on an R..get the engine sweet and running well and either will put a smile on your face, a set of aftermarket pipes on either is always nice to have anyway..
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

podman wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:45 pm a set of aftermarket pipes on either is always nice to have anyway..
only for the sound or weight, as the originals are VERY good and it's not easy to outperfrom them.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
proddyraceKR1S
Light Smoker

Post by proddyraceKR1S »

Yeah brakes are bad but I can’t find any 1s stuff or pipes so any alternative calipers that would fit.?