ypvs/kr1/s front end f.a.q's.

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

ypvs/kr1/s front end f.a.q's.

Post by mgtkr1 »

im building a ypvs based race bike with kr swingarm/frontend and rgv rear wheel. im at the stage of loosely fitting the front end and if i can get round the problem of the lower bearing races been incompatable will use the kr stem with a spacer under the lower bearing. the top one works and fits nicely, the lower are totaly diffrent. the kr been caged taper needle type, the ypvs lower is loose ball bearings. any ideas on how to change the ypvs lower to the taper needle type? all the bikes ive had had already been the more modern taper type therefore im stumped. do you get a kit of some sort for the ypvs to convert to taper bearings? any help would be greatly appreciated. ps, were can i get x2 bushes, the ones used in the kr1/s suspension knuckle/linkage? ta for now :)
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

im pretty sure you can knock the cup off the bottom yolk just as you would a bearing race if they were tapered...and just fit the tapered roller on.....every bike ive had with ball bearings ive converted to tapered bearings with no problems....

if you went to a shop ..unless you asked for genuine parts they would probably supply you with tapered bearings....

stick a photo up.... :D
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Yep, Kr into lc/pv cn be done using spacers (rgv into lc one from links egineering) or if you're not in a massive hurry I'll get a stem swap done for you (I owe you one!) I've got a KR bottom yoke would need a valve stem or bottom yoke.

To alter the bearings is as Mr B says, bottom one might need to be from a 'bike' place rather than a bearings factor cos it'll have the rubber seal on. To shift an unwanted bearing or cup, dremmel is your friend :lol:
The last time Liverpool Fc won the league, George Michael was black and Michael Jackson was straight or visa versa, it's that long ago I get confused.
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

thanks fellasa, think i have it sussed. sometimes its easy to read into stuff so much that you completely miss something real obvious. sort of like over analyzing the situation. how much for a set of suitable yokes mark? im intrested. not right bothered about rgv stuff although it is pretty as the kr has alloy yokes (yes i know its sad but heavy material gives me nightmares!!) alright, alright the p'valve frame is heavy and a bit bendy but with a mig welder,grinder and a ton of surplus kr parts the tuned ypvs motor makes up for its heavy.bendy clothing!! im sure you'll agree mark/mr bung that a well tuned ypvs motor is a peach to ride.
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Matt, all I need for a set of yokes is a suitable bottom yoke from a pv, I'll see my mate and get the stem swapped so you would just be able to bolt in a full 1s/1 front end, cost nowt, like I said I owe you one
The last time Liverpool Fc won the league, George Michael was black and Michael Jackson was straight or visa versa, it's that long ago I get confused.