Show us that box of bits in your shed!
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

hows the frame coming along
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

I'm hoping to have it done one night this week.I have just been a bit slack lately.
Mind you the van has cost us a fortune lately but we love the old tub,so it's worth it.
I saw a T5 sportline today at a trial =P~ I would love one but can't afford one so our T4 will get a bit of TLC.
"Turned out nice again"
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

nice one
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

I thought I would offer a few photos by way of an explanation as to why there has been so little progress on our KR1s. This is where all my time and money has been going. The van is a member of the family and after 10 years of service it was time for a bit of TLC.

Before

And after

Try and ignore the wheels for now, I'm tring to decide if I should get the steel wheels powder coated or go for these

http://www.performancealloys.com/wheel- ... px?ID=2159

Keep the same porofile tyres as I don't want to ruin the ride.

Interior next :-k
"Turned out nice again"
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

definitly poadercoating .

you'll have more money for the KR :D
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Paul,
Did you get any time to work on the KR over the holidays?
I am just getting ready to restart mine, I have identified all the bits I forgot to get plated #-o
Cheers
Bernie :D
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Hi Bernie, happy new year mate. Time is something I don't have a lot of lately. I had a set back just before christmas when I snapped off a disc bolt #-o then snapped an easy out in the remnants of the bolt :oops:

Why they are called easy outs I don't know :? Clever marketing :-k

Ludders saved my baccon with a front wheel, which is now powder coated and sporting a new BT92 and new discs. Now that it's a rolling chassis again I can take it to get the frame welded. Then I should be able to get on, motor back in etc, back to where I was before I found the crack.

Then It'll be the plastics, BUT 8-[ I've spent the paint money on something else :D [/b]
"Turned out nice again"
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

pablo wrote: Then It'll be the plastics, BUT 8-[ I've spent the paint money on something else :D [/b]
Hi Paul,

Happy New Year (Forgetting my manners already and not even the end of January :oops: )

I have spent my paint money a dozen times, I think it is just a matter of timing :-k

I am going to put a bit of effort into the project and see what progress I can make [-o<

Cheers,
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

tescr500 wrote:hows the frame coming along
It's done, :D nearly 11 months after I found it :roll: It's fixed. Took the bloke 20 minutes, and there's very little damage to the powder coat. A wee touch up and you'll never see it. I'll get the heater on in the garage, and get the motor back in.

Then I need to sell some bits to pay for the bodywork.

Not all good news though I snapped an exhaust stud off in the head of the wife's 550 :oops: I'm not touching that. The head is going to an engineers.
"Turned out nice again"
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

thats good then pablo, but not so good you broke a stud off in your wifes head, i keep telling my missus to keep clear, perhaps it could be a new trend stud piercings in the skull :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.
be ready for summer yea or na, my engines all plumbed in now, i mean all tidied up, look forward to see your engine back in.
cheers wayne.
No Matter How Messy Things Get You Can Always Clean Them Up.
MY MAMMA TOLD ME, IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANY PROBLEMS DON'T MAKE ONE.
TIME IS PRECIOUS WASTE IT WISELY
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

500bernie wrote:
pablo wrote:

I have spent my paint money a dozen times, I think it is just a matter of timing :-k

Cheers,
i know where your coming from bernie, had money for something then something else poped up. ](*,)
No Matter How Messy Things Get You Can Always Clean Them Up.
MY MAMMA TOLD ME, IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANY PROBLEMS DON'T MAKE ONE.
TIME IS PRECIOUS WASTE IT WISELY
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

I've been a bit quiet on the posting front, but I've been busy in the garage. I manged to get the motor refitted. Repainted the front bends on the exhausts as the black chrome finish on the two pipes I decided to go with was reasonably good.
So this morning, and in spite of a red wine hangover. I thought I'd have a go at starting the wee beastie.
I filled the mechanics fuel tank with a 30/1 MX7 premix and connected the starting charger. Three kicks latter it was away.
I've got some tinkering to do while the bodywork is away. I think the right hand carb needs to come off, it was dribbling a wee bit of fuel when I stopped the motor and I think I might be loosing some gear box oil from the selector shaft cover, but all in all a good day :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oD8nT00 ... e=youtu.be
"Turned out nice again"
Bertie_Mollie
Premix Junkie

Post by Bertie_Mollie »

Well done Pablo., good persistence there.

=D> =D> =D>
GWB KR1s C2 - Now gone :-(
GWB KR1 - YES IT'S DONE!
ZXR400L PROJECT :shock:
AND NO S****Y H****A'S

Usque Ad Mortem Bibendum
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

That looks & sounds fantastic Pablo, hats off to you sir. =D>

Where have you sent the bodywork to?

I hate red wine hangovers :( Hence i'm on the lager tonight O:)
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Thanks fella's it's been a good day.
I started the motor again and let it warm up. Gave it a wee bit more throttle and it sounds tremendous.
I opened the oil pump up to fill the lines, and tomorrow I'll check the metering. The right hand carb seems to have sorted itself out, not leaking anymore, but when it got warm it started to blow a wee bit of coolant out from the pump cover. So that needs to come off and a bit of Kawabond re-applied :-k
The bodywork has gone to this fella

http://www.rainbow-rides.me.uk/welcome_1.html
"Turned out nice again"