kr1 engine in rs frame

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Weyhey, i'm prepared to take it on :D

And Nottingham isn't that far away from me!

And I think Danny has a sound project here!

And I can always use another Kr engine!

And erm..... I like a challenge :twisted:
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

well, since the project has died under it's current owner .....
streetfighter_danny wrote:i will guarentee that i will finish my project
Danny , you tried to laugh with me/my projects and you have very right to that, but you definitly get the "biggest price on making yourself look like an idiot" :? it only took you about 24h to drop your guarentee .....

oh well.

I thinck I was right from the beginning : the start was absolutly wrong, and I thinck I was being very polite in my postings. What I really wanted to say that it was absolutly crap and wouldn't work in a hundred years. It was so obvious that you didn't have any experience in building projects like this, and just don't have a clue as to what goes on on a running bike ... you didn't even once really considered my remarks, you just politly told me to f*ck off .

it looks shite from this angle, but believing those 4 tiny M6's will hold it together ](*,) #-o
and as for the strength off the subframe : you can already see in this pic it's bend, just by push-testing it

I see you did listen to me (my apologies) and you altered the rear engine mount =D> but you just forgot to fill the hole you created :?: :-k
well , at least we got to see a glimps off what might have been the very first KR1 with an oil cooler (as I believe I see the oil lines in the picture ?)

this one still makes me laugh every time I see it. It's a great picture because it represents everything it is : a f*cked up bike :-& :-s :roll:
Last edited by JanBros on Tue May 11, 2010 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

Can we move on now
...guilt is niggling
Ive seen many side view photos cut up and geometry lines traced on top of magazines at the city library. From experience My Workbench v2.0 is twice as good as the one I made 15 years ago

I did the dirty yesterday and signed up to RGV site to see RGV250GEOFF's creation(s)

is it me or is their forum quite slow to load?
Last edited by KR-1R on Wed May 12, 2010 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

KR-1R wrote:is it me or is their forum quite slow to load?
Same as their bikes really :D :D
Cheers
Al
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
TwoStroke Institute
Oil Injector

Post by TwoStroke Institute »

JanBros wrote:well, since the project has died under it's current owner .....
streetfighter_danny wrote:i will guarentee that i will finish my project
Danny , you tried to laugh with me/my projects and you have very right to that, but you definitly get the "biggest price on making yourself look like an idiot" :? it only took you about 24h to drop your guarentee .....

oh well.

I thinck I was right from the beginning : the start was absolutly wrong, and I thinck I was being very polite in my postings. What I really wanted to say that it was absolutly crap and wouldn't work in a hundred years. It was so obvious that you didn't have any experience in building projects like this, and just don't have a clue as to what goes on on a running bike ... you didn't even once really considered my remarks, you just politly told me to f*ck off .

it looks shite from this angle, but believing those 4 tiny M6's will hold it together ](*,) #-o
and as for the strength off the subframe : you can already see in this pic it's bend, just by push-testing it

I see you did listen to me (my apologies) and you altered the rear engine mount =D> but you just forgot to fill the hole you created :?: :-k
well , at least we got to see a glimps off what might have been the very first KR1 with an oil cooler (as I believe I see the oil lines in the picture ?)

this one still makes me laugh every time I see it. It's a great picture because it represents everything it is : a f*cked up bike :-& :-s :roll:

Hey that's a bit rough, this project had a lot of potential. I am just so sad it's on ebay,or even worse possibly broken up for parts. Danny please please continue your excellent work on this machine.
crochet & croquet
barryj
Heavy Smoker

Post by barryj »

alimorg wrote:
Cheers
Al
Out on the KR1s this weekend Al? :wink:
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Ya rotten pack o b45t4rd5 [-X

[-(
"Turned out nice again"
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

I guess this forum was a bit too unfriendly for him. Ah well :?
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

barryj wrote:
alimorg wrote:
Cheers
Al
Out on the KR1s this weekend Al? :wink:
:oops:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
streetfighter_danny
Smoker

Post by streetfighter_danny »

IM NOT SELLING THE BIKE.YES I HAVE PUT THE BIKE ON EBAY FOR A 10 DAY AUCTION JUST TO SEE HOW MUCH INTEREST THERE IS AND TO SEE IF ITS WORTH SPENDING MORE MONEY ON.

THERE ARE 28 WATCHERS WITH 8 DAYS LEFT TO RUN AROUND 10 BIDS.

LISTING SAYS ADVERTISED ELSE WHERE AND WILL END THE AUCTION EARLY IF NEEDS BE.

I WILL BE ENDING THE AUCTION EARLY FULL STOP.JUST A TESTER.IM PROBABLY MESSING PEOPLE AROUND.I GUARENTEE A FEW OF YOU ON HERE ARE WATCHING IT.YEAH THOUGHT SO :lol:

I WILL BE FINISHING THIS.I THINK THE WAY FORWARD NOW IS TO GET HOLD OF A MONO SHOCK LINKAGE AND BUILD A NEW ALLOY SUBFRAME FROM SCRATCH.LETS GET THIS REAR END SORTED OUT SO I CAN RESUME WITH GETTING THE ENGINE RAISED AT THE FRONT.THEN ITS A CASE OF SORTING THE EXHAUST SYSTEM...ANYONE ELSE AGREE???DANNY.
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Thats the spirit Danny, good on you lad :wink:

Gutted though, I am watching it on ebay :(

Keep us posted
streetfighter_danny
Smoker

Post by streetfighter_danny »

ended auction tonight as ive had lots of interest over the last couple of days.specially from a couple of you guys on here sending me messages on ebay dylan2009dylan09 and scotty332003 cheers made me laugh.

onwards and upwards with the project now.

im all calm now,so off into the workshop to think about the rear end setup.

shock linkage and go down that road i think guys.what you think?

danny
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

as you have your heart set on using the rs frame you really need to sort front mount so the motor sits like the std kr setup, this should make the pipes sit a lot more like they should. as you said, rework the rear shock arrangement.subframe. if you have a mig, making a pattern from steel could be a good way of finalising a design so long as you account for the difference between steel/alloy you will be fine. if your farming out the alloy welding, it pays to have our design right 1st time as its an expensive job (overpriced imo).why not use the rs swingarm/shock setup? will be easier an cheap to get the bits. also proven a sound design, look at the superteen lap times!!!making your own subframe with std rs suspension setup should give you a good oppurtunity to build a large airbox. prilla also uses 17' rear, may be worth looking at going back to that aswell in the future. if you decide the rs route isnt a goer, kr frames can be bought for peanuts. although quite pricy, there was a frame/swingarm with v5(crucial for road bike) at about 170 quid.
twostrokesmoker
Heavy Smoker

Post by twostrokesmoker »

Thats what we like to see, a bit of Bulldog spirit, nice 1 Danny & good luck mate. =D>
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

@ mgtkr1 : RS125 has the chain on the left side, and the shape off the swing arm won't allow the chain to run on the left side (I thinck) :wink:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !