Re: Project KR1SS - So far

Post by Binetta Steve »

The dogs (cue helmet)

Steve
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

Quick question, so you are running the zeel as provided by borut, including the pv curve yeah?

Did you get the dyno print out from gibsons? I'd guess there is a big dip at 7k because the pv settings the zeel comes with are a bit out. They open the pv 1000rpm too early. Change it to 8000rpm 0% and 8100rpm 100% and that should be closer to the stock cdi.

Dan
gary
Smoker

Post by gary »

Hi Macccas, Looking at the Gibson print out, the big dip happens at 6300k, then peaks at 9600k using the zeel. But looking at the other dyno print out I have using the Standard CDI, the dip happens at 7700k, p/v opens, but peaks at 10300k. So u are right , it means that I will put the bike back on the dyno , and get the operator to program in the zeel to the tune I have. Probably go to cats later in the year, when I get time, and c what results I get, all in good fun. Will try and post the Gibson print out on here , if any body is interested.
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

How does it go on the road ?
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

gary wrote:Hi Macccas, Looking at the Gibson print out, the big dip happens at 6300k, then peaks at 9600k using the zeel. But looking at the other dyno print out I have using the Standard CDI, the dip happens at 7700k, p/v opens, but peaks at 10300k. So u are right , it means that I will put the bike back on the dyno , and get the operator to program in the zeel to the tune I have. Probably go to cats later in the year, when I get time, and c what results I get, all in good fun. Will try and post the Gibson print out on here , if any body is interested.
Hi Gary, I'd definitely be interested to see any dyno curves and what PV setup the Zeel had at the time. I've left mine with the standard programming but after reading the PV settings might need tweaking I think once it's back on the road I'll be setting it up as best I can.

btw nice looking bike there, well done all round :D
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

Peaking at 9600 and then 10300 is quite a difference so yeah the borut ignition curve maybe has too much advance for your set up. You might have cracked 70hp at Gibsons with the stock cdi fitted!

I'be be keen to see the gibson dyno curve for comparison

Dan
gary
Smoker

Post by gary »

Hi, the first graph is with the standard cdi, and the next graph is with the zee how it came out of the box. Quite a difference between the two. Have to get it set up to the tune , might even get a little bit more.

Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Gary that power curve is like the North face of the Eiger!

Martin nice job.

Steve
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

I don't want to open the same discussion, but ori and zeel CDI or on different dyno's ? so there is no way in telling which is better ?

I do not understand why people go to different dyno's to test different things. It doesn't matter a single bit what fugures roll out a dyno, as they are easily manipulated. what matters is that the numbers are - hopefully - higher after modofications.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
kopite30
Heavy Smoker

Post by kopite30 »

Don't understand what the negativity is about people trying say this and that about the
Figures
IF I was getting that power out of my kr1 I would be happy as pig in shit fair play to ya lad
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

Jan isn't being negative, just making a very valid point, making a change and measuring that change on a different dyno to what the bike was tested on before doesn't allow a comparison to be made. It's like comparing 5 apples to 5 oranges.

The gibson dyno day wasn't about testing the zeel anyway, more a day out for like minded folk :-). Shame they didn't put rpm as the x-axis on the graphs as mph is useless :-(.

When you get round to dynoing it again, i'd stick the original cdi back on, make sure the pv's are set up spot on, then fit the zeel and get the pv settings in the software spot on too without adjusting the cables or link rods.

Then stick the original cdi on for the first few runs, get a baseline, then fit the zeel and try beat it. It's a long way from stock so you'll be able to better the stock ignition on your set up for sure.

Dan
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

powevalves are spot on in adjustment on garys bike dan
I say this as I adjusted them'
reason for gibsons dyno day is as you say dan, was a day out,
but I know gary wants to go to krazy katts and get the zeel dialled in
so hopefully people will stop saying stupid things about comparing dynos.
as we including me know what we are talking about

but maybe this whole thing about brake horse power figures has really been about
dick sizes,
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

My only question is how does it go on the road. All this dyno this dyno that is irrelevant if never gets ridden. You might as well have an engine on a test rig not even attached to a bike
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

I have rode garys bike and have also followed him on my zx636 ninja,
and as am sure everyone would expect,
a 60 + horse power kr1s flys.
despite what certaian negatve people say,
it does make me smile that this bike is the most powerfull kr1s out there.
and yet people don't want to ask questions about the spec of this bike dispite it being in class mechanics magazine
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Just got my copy yesterday, great article. Looks like there could be a followup [-o<
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300