Project KR1SS - So far

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Re: Project KR1SS - So far

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Guys

Here is the video of Gary's bike on the dyno at Gibson's dyno day.....

Click on the image below to view the video!

Cheers
Bernie
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Check out the video above!!!!!!!
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

Sounds very well indeed.. thanks for putting the vid up
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Doug

As it looks like nobody is going to ask about the bike and how it got to 67.1bhp so I may as well mention it.
It started off as a Stan Stevens KR1 300 and was fettled by my good friend Mick Abbey, with the crankcases worked by Martin when he put the engine back together. The flywheel had 180g removed and the carbs bored out at BDK and it was running a standard CDI and Vforce3 reeds when it produced 66bhp at Dave Wood's dyno, the only changes since this latest run was the addition of a Zeeltronic on a standard curve..... 67.1bhp

I am surprised that nobody asked any questions, but I suppose all that dyno nonsense put people off posting, which is a pity since this is Gary's bike and he has put a lot of time and effort into getting it the way it is now. Anyone that saw it at Japfest would know.

Well done Gary =D> =D> =D>
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

The bike looks great, sounds great and is a credit to everyone involved. It makes good power there is no doubting that at all. I'd like to see the bike run on Krazy-katts dyno then it can be compared to the other well set-up kr's in the country, just out of interest i mean.

Keep up the good work chaps.

Dan
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Great video Bernie, its great to see these strokers punching above their weight amongst the 2015 Yamaha R1 199 bhp frenzy that is becoming the norm.

Turning to the vid , why do KR1s pick up on the left hand cylinder first, you can see this by the smoke. Secondly what is the guy doing with his right foot, he looks like is playing the church organ!
Steve
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

Credit to everyone involved, and appreciate the info Bernie.. It really does sound great when it's on song on the dyno, I bet anyone who's had a hand in it are well chuffed with the result =D> =D>

Also good to know what improvement a Zeel can make, now that I've got one!
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

500bernie wrote:Hi Doug

As it looks like nobody is going to ask about the bike and how it got to 67.1bhp so I may as well mention it.
It started off as a Stan Stevens KR1 300 and was fettled by my good friend Mick Abbey, with the crankcases worked by Martin when he put the engine back together. The flywheel had 180g removed and the carbs bored out at BDK and it was running a standard CDI and Vforce3 reeds when it produced 66bhp at Dave Wood's dyno, the only changes since this latest run was the addition of a Zeeltronic on a standard curve..... 67.1bhp

I am surprised that nobody asked any questions, but I suppose all that dyno nonsense put people off posting, which is a pity since this is Gary's bike and he has put a lot of time and effort into getting it the way it is now. Anyone that saw it at Japfest would know.

Well done Gary =D> =D> =D>
I agree with all you say. it seems janbros has a completely wrong outlook of me, I am not a kr expert, I only built the engine, I did,nt do anything else.
jan bros, you seem to have a problem with me, I am no expert, just a normal guy. I know you know your stuff and don't slag you, that's because I am English and English people are better than that and don't do that sort of thing.

so lets all ask questions about garys bike and share what we all know about it. I for one would be happy to offer imformaition about garys engine to other members
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Bernie
You had the hardest job of putting the video together :)

Well done all round, bet your happy Gary shame i missed you and Martin.
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

375 wrote:Bernie
You had the hardest job of putting the video together :)

Well done all round, bet your happy Gary shame i missed you and Martin.
Hi Paul, you have no idea, the video file was a quarter of the size of a full length feature film. Bloody MP4 files... Nightmare, killed my broadband and my Photobucket account half a dozen times before I realised and checked the file size! :oops:
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

Good job though Bernie top banana =D> =D> =D>
No Matter How Messy Things Get You Can Always Clean Them Up.
MY MAMMA TOLD ME, IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANY PROBLEMS DON'T MAKE ONE.
TIME IS PRECIOUS WASTE IT WISELY
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

Oh and the bike Gary, well done Martin, just going with the flow all a bit of friendly banter. [-X :lol: :lol: :lol:
No Matter How Messy Things Get You Can Always Clean Them Up.
MY MAMMA TOLD ME, IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANY PROBLEMS DON'T MAKE ONE.
TIME IS PRECIOUS WASTE IT WISELY
James P
Oil Injector

Post by James P »

500bernie wrote:...the only changes since this latest run was the addition of a Zeeltronic on a standard curve..... 67.1bhp
Bernie; Do you mean that the Zeeltronic CDI unit was programmed with the standard KR-1S curve, or that it was programmed by Borut (or someone else) with one of his own "standard" curves?

If it has the standard KR-1S curve, that would surely not result in any measurable improvement...would it? Perhaps if the previous (standard) CDI unit was faulty somehow...?

This is a serious question - I'm not trying to stir things up :lol: .

Regards,
James
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi James
It's questions like this that the forum is all about \:D/ \:D/
The Zeeltronic had the standard pre-programmed curve that comes already loaded by Borut.
This is a significant improvement on the standard CDI and the difference is quite noticeable when riding the bike, after all the standard units have all seen +20 years service and are no match for a modern unit.

I have one on my wishlist along with the Vforce3 reeds and perhaps a fresh set of coils.

Cheers
Bernie :)
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

Lets have some go pro of the bike being ridden. Does it handle the power or flap and wobble. Can it stop on a sixpence corner like it's on rails and squirm and wheelie out of the corners. That's what I'd like to know about the bike :-)