Its about time I pulled my finger out

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
absinthe

Post by absinthe »

That really looks a well cared about rebuild. =D>

The frame looks quite grey in the pics. Is that it's true colour?
Breaking stuff since 1976.
nate
Heavy Smoker

Post by nate »

Hi mate...

I was umming and ahhing about polishing it, but it just seemed too much hassle...

So i had it powder coated back to its original colour... along with the swing arm and linkages etc....

I just decided that as there is no way I can compete with people like Sean and MJ and all the other trick bikes on here, a nice clean original example would be the way forwards...
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

nate wrote: I just decided that as there is no way I can compete with people like Sean and MJ and all the other trick bikes on here, a nice clean original example would be the way forwards...
Its looking really good, I like it. I do love the look of a standard bike.

Building a special isn't that hard as the KR really lends it's self to modding also the most common and better mods have already been done and the info on how, has been shared on here as well :D.

I was thinking about going for a bit of bling on my KR, but can't think of what to do? May go for a nice Pink spray job :wink: Darn can't do that as peeps may confuss her with a RGV VJ23 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS Only Joking Sean.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
nate
Heavy Smoker

Post by nate »

cheers mate ... much appreciated

As for bling, well now that I have cut my teeth on this one... I'm thinking about the next one already...

Probably different front and read suspension, swing arm etc....

In fact, I have plans for a bike that has a standard engine and frame (kr-1S naturally) and then make the rest up as I go...

](*,) ](*,)
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

top job nate,the way it was intended,to me you have to av an original before you do a func,soul other.mr kawasaki knows best,then theres nowt wrong with trying to improve and fine tune is handy work :lol: question,would you do a complete rebuild if it was yer only bike?me niether.once again like it =D> =D> =D>
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

nate wrote:cheers mate ... much appreciated

As for bling, well now that I have cut my teeth on this one... I'm thinking about the next one already...

Probably different front and read suspension, swing arm etc....

In fact, I have plans for a bike that has a standard engine and frame (kr-1S naturally) and then make the rest up as I go...

](*,) ](*,)
Thats the best way to go mate :D Mine was always gonna be a track bike and I got a bit carried away with it :oops: :lol: I would love to do a road bike as well sometime, trouble is I like modding bikes :roll: so I doubt I could keep it standard.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk