PWK ENGINE IDLE

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Re: PWK ENGINE IDLE

Post by SP_BOTT »

You seem to be looking for 12v on a brown wire into the headlight area, (dash loom) is one of your brakelight switches made all the time.
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

thanks gary--seems like you may be a sufferer too eh?
YOU GET MORE POKES WITH TWOSTROKES !!

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

UPDATE--fitted spare r/h carb to cure the same carb flooding when on remote fuel supply--engine starting first or second prod --yummy--left for a couple of hours---came back to it and this carb is flooding just like the removed one!!--removed and cleaned and fitted new float valve and refitted and NOW---no start and still flooding !!!
Decided to replace gen coils in case of intermittent fault--my flywheel puller bolt was too short(bottoming out) so ordered one off Ebay waited 5 days-- it arrived--the wa-k-rs sent me a swing arm spindle tool!!!! still waiting for replacement to arrive so made a nylon plug to fit in the carb mouth(28mm) mounted to a vertical plate to check fuel height in carb to sort out flooding issue.
What`s all this about in the manual that shows float height from float to bowl mating surface @19mm !! and what`s this"float needle brass seat with o ring" pictured??( I bought to sets of pwk28 rebuild kits recently and they had these parts included !! is this photos of larger PWK carbs like 45 maybe that`s got in the 28 w/s manual by mistake?
OK--gonna do the 300mm plastic tube test with fuel to check actual fuel height but does anyone here know the proper height measurement for the float to bowl mating surface??
Col

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

it is all in the manual. if you don't have it, download it at the homepage, top left.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

HI JAN--sorry mate another senior moment for me---been looking at the carb with the float hanging down!!!! just measured the proper way and the float heights are as per the manual at a shade under 19mm.Carbs have been on the remote fuel supply for 3 days now and that r/h carb has decided it don`t want to flood at all--not even 1 drip--i`ll settle for that.
Now, if i can only get the damn bike to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

That reference to the o ring in the manual is misleading - doesn't have one as you say

And yes bending over one of these for several hours while working on them gives me back trouble :P
Smokings Good For You
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

Thanks Gary i thought that was a misprint--you have my every sympathy--just today i have managed 90 degrees after 5days of vertical posture !!
Do you find premix in yours to be almost smoke less??I was thinking of changing mine to premix as i`m using Silkolene Smokeless and it ain`t!! set the oil pump as per the manual--can i turn it back a touch (without seizure) to reduce the Haze do you know?
Col

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

I have only ever run on premix when starting up an engine where the oil lines are empty so can't really comment

I don't think there is such a thing as truly smokeless - just how clean they burn

Just starting bikes in your garage or shed makes the problem worse as you tend to get a build up of unburnt oil - only way to really clear it is to
go for a run or rev it hard (but i don't know many neighbours who like the sound of a revving motorbike)
Smokings Good For You