i know it,s wrong

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
rockerted
Heavy Smoker

i know it,s wrong

Post by rockerted »

can anyone tell me how to deristrict a 125 tzr yam?? :oops:
remember, you can strap a monkey to a rocket, but that won,t make it a pilot..
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

check for a washer in the exhaust header held in with three spot welds...n turn the powervalve round so it opens up the exhaust fully(while the pipes off)... :D

f you have a motor on the powervalve...take out the bit of metal that looks like a top hat(as this only lets the pv open1/4 to 3/4)once done it should open from half to full...

switch on the ignition till it sweeps open then quickly turn the ignition off.....look up the exhaust port n c if the valve is flush ...well it should have a 1mm lip at the front...if your still stuck pm me your phone number n ill talk you through it... :D :D :D
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Blimey Ted, you found one that is still restricted :shock: ! A good bike, even though i never even rode one, but i did ride the 125 lc
rockerted
Heavy Smoker

Post by rockerted »

cheers, but we think it might just be the carb!! my son put it together, it,s his first bike!! 8)
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

thought you had the only unmolested 125 in the uk....most have been raped by youfs by now(like we all did... :D )

danny harris.....R.I.P
rockerted
Heavy Smoker

Post by rockerted »

only thing is, my 1st exp of 2/strokes was a francis barnett 225cc, my 1st bike, various twins, ambassedor ss, moto guzzi zigolo , which i think was a 110cc, and a few scramblers (as they were called then) greeves mcs, and the 100th greeves silverstone made!! wish i had the buggers now, but thanks for your ideas.. :lol:
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

i once rode a dt125 to germany for a 10 quid bet......rode to weizbaden...780 miles each way....... :shock:

blew the crank seal on the way back n had to restrict it for the LOOOOOONNNG trip home...

i won the bet..... :roll:

danny harris.....R.I.P
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

Post by KR1 Man »

KR1 Man calling. Another old 'stroker days' tale of yore! 1983, I had a MK1 DT125LC that was restricted and rode exactly the same as all the others, until........... I took out the restricting washer, found spot welds and cut the exhaust open in about 3 places, removed all baffle plates and brazed it all back up together, next we did the tailpipe. Put the whole lot back together and fired her up, WOW!!! Sounded more like a YZ125 than a DT125LC!!!!!!! Plenty of playing around with jetting &c, but once right, RD sprocket set and let's go chasing RD 125LCs'! Next came an X7 carb bored up to 34mm and a little bit more gained! Did'nt do anything else to it but great fun to ride until some FxxKwit nicked it about 3 months later.
RD350 LC YPVS. Also grandson Declan's KR1 with ZXR black/purple paintjob/ KR1-s upgrades and max polishing