I'm getting old

Get it off your chest HERE
JanBros
Premix Junkie

I'm getting old

Post by JanBros » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:28 pm

maybe too old for KR's :x

well, it's not actualy my age, more my physical agility that's becomming a problem. did a 500km trip today, but my leg's don't apreciate it so much as they used to, KR's are so small :mrgreen:

will I buy another bike ? hell no :twisted:
should I work on my condition ? naah :lol:

It still is THE best fun-road-bike ever and I have loved and will continue to love every km I ride it, no pain no glory 8)
You know it's cold outside when you trip over dog shit instead of standing in it.

Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Re: I'm getting old

Post by Binetta Steve » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:48 pm

Jan 95% of people don't do 10% of your “ todays ride” in a day , I have only done a max of 80 km per day on my KR since 2012. So you humble us with a massive 500 km.

How many of us UK riders do 350 miles in a day on our KR’s ?

The bike must be running so well as everything will have been up to operating temperature and all oil will have been blown out of the zorst.

So forget the aches and pains , have a drink of what you enjoy and be confident you are the highest miler KR rider on here , full stop!
Steve

pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:03 pm

My KR-1 does less than 350 miles a year! but when the conditions are right I can't think of anything that is as fun to own and ride as a 250cc two stroke, I never have to visit the doctors 'cos the Kr-1 is the best therapy in the world, sadly the day will come when I can no longer get my leg over (ooh err) but I've got many years of acting like a spoilt kid before then, good on yer Jan 8)

podman
Heavy Smoker

Post by podman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:08 pm

Fair lay to you..My knees are shot on my KR after 90-100 miles but I can ride my LC all day, did 120miles on it this afternoon but they are comfy old beasts compared to any of the 250s..

500bernie
Premix Junkie

Post by 500bernie » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:28 am

Riding mine hurts after only a few miles, right hand goes numb first then my right hip reminds me that I am not 21 any more. But it is worth it when I get on the local back lanes through the countryside, there is nothing like it :)
2 Firecracker Red and Grey C3s

Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:52 pm

podman wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:08 pm
Fair lay to you..My knees are shot on my KR after 90-100 miles but I can ride my LC all day, did 120miles on it this afternoon but they are comfy old beasts compared to any of the 250s..
My KH250 is exactly the same , sat up position, squigy seat , half the power! Very relaxing

The 1S a combination of the tucked up riding position and focused concentration due to the looovly power makes a demanding whilst rewarding ride.