Another Newbie.....

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
nickb.
Smoker

Post by nickb. »

Blimey, it's hard work this, trying to get out in the garage, but with my wedding coming up, 5 weeks away ](*,) , working like a mad man, and looking like a Class 2 ticket is coming up there as well [-o< , the rain, I think a boat would be better rather than a bike, the poor old KR is looking rather sorry for it's self 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ .
But I do hope to get out there and do some more, will take a few pictures so you lot can see how its coming, albeit rather slow...... :-({|=
This week I've mainly been in the garage!!!!
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

Post by KR1 Man »

KR1 Man calling. Just stick with it Nick. My KR1 (Sleeping Beauty) went bang at 30 mph back in April and what was projected as a 2 month re-build (with polishing/barrels/crank/ bearings/seals/fork seals/rear caliper plus a few other bits) has now acquired a finishing date in 2008! At the end of July, the rear end polishing is done as are the barrels/crank/bearings/rear caliper. All the rest is still waiting (plus re-assembly). This is due to: Career move, problem with existing employer, KR lady having a minor stroke, a head injury, re-locating to Scotland (in accordance with career move) and moving house! Believe me Nick, sticking with it is the best decision you'll ever make it'll all be worth it eventually, the longer it takes the more you'll enjoy the finished job. Do as I do, a bit from time to time as and when it can be fitted in. I wheel her out, sit on her from time to time, visualise the finished job, dream of that manic powerband, the sound of 12500 rpm while ripping up the tarmac then contentedly wheel her back into the garage, put her onto her paddock stand with the complete satisfaction of knowing what the finished is going to be like. We're both in the same 'KR situation', only our circumstances are different don't lose interest M8, you'll only regret it. Best regards, KR1 Man.
RD350 LC YPVS. Also grandson Declan's KR1 with ZXR black/purple paintjob/ KR1-s upgrades and max polishing
nickb.
Smoker

Post by nickb. »

Thanks, I am sticking with it, been tempted to sell, but what else do you buy, another project? or something that is not going to give the enjoyment that is craved for..... so I'll be in the garage at some point, sanding and painting, fitting the last bits and bobs, and enjoying the fact, that no matter how slow, it is coming together...... O:) O:) O:)
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

sell it and you WILL regret it.. stick with it and it will be worth.

where abouts in hants are you? as there is a couple of us from the area on here :mrgreen:
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
nickb.
Smoker

Post by nickb. »

a little progress... tank and seat primed, and rear wheel repainted, top fairing base coated, but there is a bit of damage and stressing, will live with it at the moment, but might replace with a fibreglass one at some point..... #-o

mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

that is gonna be a very nice example, just from looking at the current state of play its looking good. oh, white wheels are very 1990's but they rule!! guess what colour my wheels are!
nickb.
Smoker

Post by nickb. »

Ha ha... there is something about white wheels that I've always liked, think it looks more racer, but one things for sure, be out there cleaning the buggers.... #-o
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

trust me white wheels take ALOT of error to keep clean but worth it :mrgreen:
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor