Unfortunately not my KR-1R

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
dirk
Heavy Smoker

Unfortunately not my KR-1R

Post by dirk »

Good day together

I saw this for the first time in real life at the entrance of the Spa Bikers Classics last weekend.

Cheers!
Dirk
KR-1S 1990
RG500 1987
RGV 250 1992
TZR250 (2MA) 1987
pookie
Oil Injector

Re: Unfortunately not my KR-1R

Post by pookie »

That's Mikes bike from this forum, recognised it from a feature in Practical Sportsbikes, it has Jollymoto pipes, track day stickers from Japan and a fugly rear seat cover, as he ships bikes around for a living I'm doubting he rode it there, or maybe I'm wrong :?: :shock:
podman
Heavy Smoker

Post by podman »

That is Mikes, we was there...Thats his LC which I rode for some of time, when his wrists caved in, i was lucky enough to ride his "R" then but the LC was the comfy seat!

We did manage to sneak into the circuit and spotted someone on a KR1S who waved at us, you?

Your right to say he took his van with a few bikes, heres just a few of the hundreds of pictures I took.

Last time I went to Spa was in 1993 and it was peeing down, I expected the same again but its was bloody hot and all the better for it.

We caught the 7am eurotunnel and by 12:30pm was checking in at our accommodation in the lovely village of Stavelot..

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Those of a nervous disposition, look away now..

[url]Image

Id totally forgotten how vast the place was so it took us some time to find our parking area/entrance.

[url]Image

Bit of auto jumble stuff going on.

[url]Image

[url]Image

Took hundreds of photos over the 2 days we was there , some random examples.

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Day 2 we managed to bluff our way in on the bikes and got to see far more of the circuit and the actual racing, maybe older and very old bikes and riders of all ages but they was not hanging around.

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Outside the circuit, on one of the entrance roads was an event running called "Sultans of Sprint", some very cool bikes and way cooler people than us involved in this scene!

Lots of ladies both riding the bikes and managing the teams...was a real crack to watch and listen to ..

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Bike and rider of the weekend for us!

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Sunday we headed home via Bastogne to visit one of teh WW2 museums, by chance, we ended up passing Bastogne barracks and decided to go along for one of their tours, if your in the area, I would recommend it, lots of history about how the place was actually used and what went on during The Battle of the Bulge esp with the American 101st Airbourne division who where based there, very interesting and moving.

Place is still an operational Army base and the tour is free.

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Many of the veterans have returned over the years, so our guide said, one or two are intending to jump(solo) next year for the 75th anniversary of D Day!

[url]Image

This section of the building was one of many used as a military hospital, dressings / beds etc left as was from 1944.

[url]Image

[url]Image

And loads of tanks and miliatary vehicles to end our tour on, alas we had to miss out on the beer tasting as the tour had lasted nearly 3 hours and we had the train to catch but in the end, there was no need to have rushed back for that...

[url]Image

[url]Image

All in all, an incredible and memorable weekend, maybe see you next time mate?
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

next time you/someone else comes to Franco, let me know ;-)
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
kopite30
Heavy Smoker

Post by kopite30 »

Great weekend the R was joy to ride for the first 30-45mins then pain hit in but she was the best it’s ever gone..

Gutted the ns400r was losing water specially after just having the rad redone, but he had both barrels down the phone,