anyone recommend a crankshaft rebuilder

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

anyone recommend a crankshaft rebuilder

Post by NOSHER »

hi guys--anyone that has read my recent posts probably remembers after getting the motor running fine after so longl I`ve taken it for a couple of quick runs and I had oil spewing out of the cans at high revs so its obviously the crank seals that's gone and after spending months kidding myself it would sort itself out looks like I have to bite the bullet and open my wallet so I`m looking for a reputable two stroke engineer to rebuild the crank-ANY RECOMMENDATIONS??????
YOU GET MORE POKES WITH TWOSTROKES !!

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Re: anyone recommend a crankshaft rebuilder

Post by mellorp »

For a quick turn around use Grampian

BDK also do it as do PJME and SEP Kegworth. A few guys on the forum might offer the service but IMO the list has the engineering firms with the equipment and the know how to do it properly and quickly

http://www.grampianmotors.co.uk/
http://www.bdkraceeng.co.uk/
https://www.pjme.co.uk/acatalog/Crank_S ... lding.html
http://www.sep-kegworth.co.uk/page1.htm
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

Thanks for the reply Mell---liked the spec of PJME but they don't take on bottom end engine rebuilds SINCE 2012 and I didn`t want to trust my "expertise " to this engine dismantle and rebuild but I like the exacting tolerances of their crank rebuilding so may consider sending them my spare NOS crank (brand new but bearings are "notchy" due to being stored in a dealers damp parts department for decades and going rusty!!) to rebuild and then finding someone to fit it in my engine.

Gonna have one last try at disproving worn oil seals by removing the oil pump and starting it up on premix--is this a straight forward job and any tips on how to and what not to do?

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

that's a lot of work since you need to dismantle the entire right hand side of the engine, as the gear is on the inside. try taking out the lines at the intake rubbers, put bolts in it's place and let the oil lines drip their oil in little canisters if possible. or stick them into lines that go into a canister somewhere.
and then just fill the tank with premix. remeber though that that way your engine will run leaner as it get's a bit less fuel.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

Hi jan thanks for the reply—-just so I’ve got it right———-are u saying to leave the pump in place and disconnect the outlet feed pipes from the intake rubbers and let them pump into supplied containers? Also should I block the holes after removing the feed pipes to stop them drawing air in and making the mixture weaker?
Cheers
Col

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

NOSHER wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:59 pm Hi jan thanks for the reply—-just so I’ve got it right———-are u saying to leave the pump in place and disconnect the outlet feed pipes from the intake rubbers and let them pump into supplied containers? Also should I block the holes after removing the feed pipes to stop them drawing air in and making the mixture weaker?
yes and off course !
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

Thanks for the reply Jan---now--- if it will only stop raining--------------------------------------
col

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30