Zeeltronic map switch

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
Coose
Heavy Smoker

Zeeltronic map switch

Post by Coose »

I've had a search about and can't find an answer to this question.

I've finally just ordered a Zeeltronic ignition for my KR-1 and was wondering if anyone knows which curve is selected when the map switch input is grounded? I'm still using the standard left-hand switchgear for the choke lever and horn button and am going to wire the High/Low switch to the map input on the ignition, mainly because I can. 8)

Thanks in advance.
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Re: Zeeltronic map switch

Post by mellorp »

It uses the other map !!!!!
Coose
Heavy Smoker

Post by Coose »

It does that, Phil, but I was trying to work out which is used when it's grounded. I think it's map 2 but I was looking for confirmation.
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Drop Borut an email, I thought it just flipped from Map 1 to Map 2 and visa versa every time you operated the switch (momentarily grounding the circuit).
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
Coose
Heavy Smoker

Post by Coose »

500bernie wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:53 am Drop Borut an email, I thought it just flipped from Map 1 to Map 2 and visa versa every time you operated the switch (momentarily grounding the circuit).
The problem there Bernie is that you'd never know which map you're using.

I was hoping to find the answer somewhere, although one if the KH sites inferred that ground the input switches to map 2. I'll drop him an email as you say just to make sure.
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

Coose wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:20 pm It does that, Phil, but I was trying to work out which is used when it's grounded. I think it's map 2 but I was looking for confirmation.
Yes it's Map 2. No connection uses Map1. When you add the earth to the switch it uses Map 2 but only if you tell it there is a map switch attached, otherwise it will always default to Map 1 regardless of the switch being grounded
Coose
Heavy Smoker

Post by Coose »

mellorp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:07 am
Coose wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:20 pm It does that, Phil, but I was trying to work out which is used when it's grounded. I think it's map 2 but I was looking for confirmation.
Yes it's Map 2. No connection uses Map1. When you add the earth to the switch it uses Map 2 but only if you tell it there is a map switch attached, otherwise it will always default to Map 1 regardless of the switch being grounded
Thanks Phil, you're 100% correct. I emailed Borut this morning and he has confirmed also. 8)
At least it means that the cable I have on order will be the right colour (red/yellow from the switchgear). :lol: