f250 kawasaki

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

f250 kawasaki

Post by mgtkr1 »

http://www.rgv250.co.uk/forums/index.ph ... opic=20221
heres a link to the rgv forum with a pic of me kr racer. the plan is to improve the bike continuosly and get it good enough to win f250 races or at least make the front runners sweat!!lol will probably be at the back but in the right hands im sure the bike will be competetive, i hope. started as a std kr1 with daytime mot, pretty tidy with brand new race bodywork and rebuilt crank/new barrels. also had a kr1s swing arm fitted and was already polished frame/swinger. the bike felt slow compared to my yamagamma, struggling to pull top gear and generally felt wooly, wouldnt pull skin off a rice pudding! as i was going to be used as a race bike i thought i better make use of the team sparrow site i kept reading religously and set to work on preparing the motor. the motor uses tz pistons,genuine gaskets and porting basesd on mj's older spec with some of by tweaks added here and there. with some helpful tips from mj the barrels were tuned for drivability aswell as top end and the result is a wider power spread though further up the scale and revvin out in top gear without even trying. the optimistic rev counter shows it revs to just shy of an INDICATED 12000rpm and wheelies off the throttle in 1st/2nd. ive not previously wheelied a kr off the throttle for love nor money. the g/box (std) compliments the porting and when shifting up it always seems to be back on the boil, no bogging just swallows another gear. i reckon i may have a genuine 60hp and as soon as it gets a go on the dyno ill post up details. it seems to have a similar spread of power to the s/stevens tuned yamagamma but with more top endwhich i think is good for a 250 but will have to see what the dyno shows. without team sparrow i dont think i would have got such good results so i thank mj for sharing his valuable info with us therefore helping me get my bike ready for racing. oh a big ram air type airbox is been made atm out of fibreglass, next year i will have copied it using carbon fibre. sorry the picture is shit. cheers matt
frog32
Premix Junkie

Post by frog32 »

hi there

can you post some pics of your bike here :P
because i cant remember my password on the rgv site :oops: :oops:
(and i feel a bit of a *nob asking what it is again lol )

cheers lee
2 strokes our way of life :-)
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

ive tried to upload it on this site but havent sussed it, will get some expert help off me mate later on. sorry bout that.