Engine overhaul parts - best place ?

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
Tambo
Heavy Smoker

Engine overhaul parts - best place ?

Post by Tambo »

My engine hasn't turned for at least 2 1/2 years, so as well as the missing / damaged stuff I'm going to replace all oil seals, water pump seal etc.

I'm looking at all seals, piston rings, small ends, piston circlips, some locating dowels, kipps links, carb rubbers.

It's become quite a long list of fiddly bits and pieces - who would you use ?

On the carb rubber front - they look perished on the outside, but can't see any damage internally - am I being too cautious ?

Also, where can I get a flywheel puller ?

Thanks

Tambo
Kr1s c3, vfr750fg, Dnepr MT11, Pegaso 650
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Flywheel pullers are quite cheap to buy can't remember here you get them from ATM. I jyust made my own just remeber its a Left handed thread or you'll end up making two of them :oops:

You could Try Z power for parts
alimorg
Site Admin

Re: Engine overhaul parts - best place ?

Post by alimorg »

Tambo wrote:On the carb rubber front - they look perished on the outside, but can't see any damage internally - am I being too cautious ?
Someone on the old forum mentioned covering them in some kind of silicone, or liquid rubber, I am sure someone knows how to do this
Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

cradley heath well recommended :D
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor