R6 or similar?

Plastic bits and Paint
Matty21
Heavy Smoker

R6 or similar?

Post by Matty21 »

Would a r6, or similar front fairing fit?

I want something modern that will look good on the bike, i can make the brackets for them etc, its just i dont know what i should put on , as i will be buying secondhand of ebay probably.

thanks

matty :D
23, Racing a zx9r in Aintree race club.

Ex Kr1 owner.....one day again.
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Try going down to your local bike shop/repairer, and ask if they have any badly damaged fairings you can have to modify.

I'm looking at repairing/modifying a CBR1000RR tail section and an unknown h***a front fairing for my track project (havn't decided what to put between them yet). You can make almost anything fit if youre handy with a soldering iron. :wink:
Just find something that you like the look of, and go from there.

Cheers, Scott.
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

Scott,,,,,,,,,Matty You need to park your KR next to the bike your thinking of raiding any panels off, because they look spot on until you see them standing together then you realise the KR is such a small bike, especially narrow. I know I've looked only to be disappointed . something out there will fit the bill but I could'nt find it. The big rectangular headlight does date it, & I imagine its about as aerodynamic as a sub post office. So in short would'nt buy something from ebay that looks good on an R6 etc until tou check out proportions..........Alan
Two in every one of us is Schiz-oo phrenic

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Gis the loan of your face I want to worry this rat
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Hi Alan..... I've already sat all the parts I plan to use on the bike, and proportions are good. I have access to heaps of damaged panels to customize, and since it's a track bike, I dont need lights etc. :mrgreen:
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

please let me know if the R6 fairing fits, although I have an RS250 on mine, I wouldn't mind something a bit more modern.