Reeds

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
KwakOn
Oil Injector

Reeds

Post by KwakOn »

Does anyone recommend any Reeds - for top end performance rather than low revs. I dont think the standard ones are bad, just that I have to get some and the plan is to race the bike with pressurised airbox.

Thanks
.. Image ..
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

worth checking the tuning section on MJ's website... theres a link on the sites main page :D
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

We tested a number of reeds and stock were best http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/teamsparrow/dynoday1.htm

Having said that I am now running a set of v-force 3 reed blocks off a KDX200.
reed cage is the same - making up a stuffer was a little tricky needed two stuffers cut in half to make up one with the hole in the centre - KDX carb comes in at an angle.

It feels like this set up gives more power - needed rejetting up two jetsizes and the needle needed richening up.
KwakOn
Oil Injector

Post by KwakOn »

Cheers, remembered you mentioning about kdx stuff in relation to 35mm carbs and inlet rubbers but not the exact name "V-Force 3". not sure what you mean by "stuffer" but I take it the reeds can be got as per a kdx 200 and fitted staight to the KR1S reed cage?

thanks.
.. Image ..
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

No they are complete new units not cheap can be got locally or if from states add 21% duty

http://www.motoworldracing.com/v-force-3-mx.html
KwakOn
Oil Injector

Post by KwakOn »

cheers, it'll be std ones then, they look good though - if I can get as far as PWK35's they are a must.
.. Image ..