kr1-s carbs on kr1-engine?

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
Charles
Premix Junkie

kr1-s carbs on kr1-engine?

Post by Charles »

Hi,

can I fit the KR1-S carbs onto a standard KR1-engine without changing the jets, jet needle and so on? Or do I then risk any engine damage?

Thanks,
Charles
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Yes - refer to http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/teamsparrow/kr1stune6.htm for differences.

KR-1 runs ok with KR-1S spec carbs. C3 are best.
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

Hi Mark,

thanks for the link.

Charles
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

i have a question, i want to buy some new needles from allens performance. for my kr1. but not sure what ones to get :?: the carbs are kr1 not s. i will be fitting s pipes after this summer[so riding this summer with the kr1 pipes] do the kr1s needles work ok on a kr1 with kr1 pipes :?: and if so. has anyone got any idea what needles i need. also do i need to change the throttle bodies or are the ones in the carbs ok, look forward to the answer to this, as this is the last bit of my bike to finish it and then get it mot d :D
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

mj will be up with an answer if im mistaken but i honestly think a kr1 motor will run fine if kr1s pipes are used wether the carbs are kr1 or kr1s. the diffrences in needle etc were purely to improve the fuelling, sort of like when they make slight changes to bikes of today rather than the diffrences been out of neccessety. a kr1 with kr1s pipes wont blow up on kr1 carbs(std jetting/needle) providing all is well and your airbox is std. you'd be hard pushed to tell a diffrence if you rode the same bike with the carbs swapped as long as you werent told. the link to team sparrow has a chart showing carb changes between models. im sure mj said above that c3 carbs had the best setup, order the same needles.