original headlight?

Plastic bits and Paint
hacky
Smoker

original headlight?

Post by hacky »

Hi all, I have my bike riding again and in very nice condition. Step-by-step I am tryingto make my kr-1s into original shape again.

I have a hole in my headlight, so I bought a headlight on ebay and I noticed that it's plastic! The one that's in my kr-1s now is glass. Which is original? might the glass one be from the kr1 because it's heavier? It's much more shiny than the plasti one I bought. I'm thinking about leaving the glass one in and asking carglass if they can "fix" the hole with some kind of epoxy resin or something. Is there any way to polish the transparant plastic of the headlight?

Unless someone tells me that I really should trash the glass one and take the plastic light I will just leave my headlight the way it is now.
there are exactly 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary logic and those who don't.
bsa
Light Smoker

Re: original headlight?

Post by bsa »

hacky wrote:Hi all, I have my bike riding again and in very nice condition. Step-by-step I am tryingto make my kr-1s into original shape again.

I have a hole in my headlight, so I bought a headlight on ebay and I noticed that it's plastic! The one that's in my kr-1s now is glass. Which is original? might the glass one be from the kr1 because it's heavier? It's much more shiny than the plasti one I bought. I'm thinking about leaving the glass one in and asking carglass if they can "fix" the hole with some kind of epoxy resin or something. Is there any way to polish the transparant plastic of the headlight?

Unless someone tells me that I really should trash the glass one and take the plastic light I will just leave my headlight the way it is now.

hi hacky i have a 1990 kr1s and the headlight is glass im sure this is original,the plastic could be a pattern part

bsa
hacky
Smoker

Post by hacky »

I replaced it anyway. I thought I had a KR-1S, but it's a KR-1. Maybe that's why it's plastic. ANd: It's lighter! \:D/
Anyway, it looks alright now, and I took the time to create a new socket for the screws with some resin and fiberglass.
there are exactly 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary logic and those who don't.
LotusSevenMan
Heavy Smoker

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Both my KR1's have plastic headlights so maybe it's a KR1 thing and not the 'S'. :?:
If it ain't broke; fix it 'till it is!

KR1 250 twin 1989 vintage
H*nda FireStorm 996cc 'V' twin
Royal Enfield 500cc single
Ducati Stealth 748 'L' twin (748 but with a 916 engine in place instead!!!)