The Next Performance Bike 90's Trackday

Tell us where to meet you!
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

black wheels and irc yellow number boards?> was in like an awning.
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Matt twas Spannerman. Had Monster logo on the side and ZXR400 frt end. very tidy.
Duncan's KR also very tidy

I didn't get to speak to them but on Saturday there were 3 very clean KR-1S out. Mint machines (for a 20 year old bike) with stock bodywork on. Don't know who they were but I wouldn't take stock bodywork on a track would be criminal to get it wiped out.

Daughter took a lot of photos but camera on wrong setting so nearly all duff.
Managed to save a few

and a fuzzy one of me - don't do wheelies over the mountain
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

mgtkr1 wrote:black wheels and irc yellow number boards?> was in like an awning.
8-[ guilty as charged ade.
on the pipe!!!
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

yep, lovely bike! no wheelies over mountain? no matter, still blisteringly quick!! missed the other kr's. only ones i really remember were yours (mj) duncans, spannermans and the blue one next to the team sparrow camp. impressed with the quality of duncans bodywork, esp the seat/under neath, also the gel coat finish. the sheer cleanliness of spannermans was enough for a mention, twas spotless. black wheels rule!
duncanoakes
Smoker

Post by duncanoakes »

What a day!!

feeling the pain now with pretty bad sunburn on the face and neck, but worth it.

First time I have ridden the KR1s at any pace, and after a slightly worrying conking out on the first lap of the first session due to fuel tap issues it then ran faultlessly all day,

took great pleasure riding round or underneath many four strokes all day then being over taken by them on the straights, so i could just do them on the brakes into the next corner,

for a 20 year old bike its awesome, handles amazingly, however I have now figured that the main thing holding me back was the foot peg position. Pegs have been seriously ground down on both side as have my toesliders and knee sliders. rear sets or chopped down pegs are a must it seems,

Really nice to meet some people from the forum, absorbed a lot of useful information.

heres a couple of action photos,

can't wait for the next outing
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

was good to meet you duncan, did matey boy have a go? great action pics. rearsets are a must or make some jack up plates with a bit of alloy. although my bike was v.rich thus losing revs i have found a good reason behind the severe power deficit. having used liquid gasket seal to seal my inlets/heatsheild (which i forgot to fit the lid incidentlly, feeding the motor hot air) :oops: i also forgot to wipe away the excess gasket goo leaving me with 35mm carbs but 25mm inlets at the stuffer!! :oops: =D> i thought it was a bit wimpish at the top end but having not ridden a bike in anger for 2 yrs it felt ok. oh well, at least i have about 10hp to look forward to!! lol.
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Agreed,even though i did'nt go on the track,i had a top day-nice to get out on the bike.Lincolnshire has got some mighty fine roads.Nice to meet a few more of the forum members at the same time.
There was the usual sprinkling of 90's classic's to admire,sun was out to play all day,bliss!
A few pictures of the stand out ones.
The ickle RVF and VFR,were worth special mentions for me,nice!
Met and had a chat with a few sound bloke's,Stewart with the Loctite FZR(and little stewart),Ian the spannerman(He was well impressed with you MJ playing in the mesters class)Big fella on the fireblade,sorry forgot yer name :oops: (thanks for the sound advice though)and the true brits on there triumphs and BSA 8)
Couple a little vids,spot yerselfs guy's :mrgreen:
Was this you Mr spannerman?
Sorry i did'nt have a chat,but you had loads of spectators all chatting away and i was setting off,thought your bike was duncans,only realised it was you when i had my final walk round looking for the blue kr(who's and where was that?).Had a chat to you last year,glad your posting now anyway.
Did anybody else see the unfaired kr1(no it was'nt the tzr with orange wheels)or were my eyes playing tricks?
Booking for the 17th in the novices-just knew going would do the trick =P~
Top day!
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

yes thats mine at least somebody can get a photo on tried on show me yours but it hasnt worked one day maybe?
ade. :oops:
on the pipe!!!
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

BTW who lent me a torch so I could look up my exhaust ports cause I've still got it and would like to give it back?

So anyone up for another blast on the 3rd of July?
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

oops, forgot about the torch elf!! no matter, bring it to next outing if you remember, im sure i will forget!! was a good day, havbe you had the motor apart yet?
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

mgtkr1 wrote:oops, forgot about the torch elf!! no matter, bring it to next outing if you remember, im sure i will forget!! was a good day, havbe you had the motor apart yet?
Not yet, I'm back home on either Friday or saturday so I'll strip it down then. Got my suspicions as to the cause but I won't know for certain until I get it apart. The worst thing is that the new head was dispatched registered post from BDK over a week ago and it has still to turn up :twisted: I'm gonna kill that bloody thiefing postie :evil: :evil: :evil: if it don't turn up soon.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

mgtkr1 wrote:oops, forgot about the torch elf!! no matter, bring it to next outing if you remember, im sure i will forget!! was a good day, havbe you had the motor apart yet?
Whipped the motor apart this morning and found that the new plating had failed. Large chucks had spooled off the LHS barrel and the rest is covered in cracks. Phoned BDK and they immediatly asked me to send it back to them and there are going to repair it for free. Can't fault the service.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by: