F250 Cadwell 23/24 Sept

Tell us where you are racing we might pop along and offer support!
mj43
Premix Junkie

F250 Cadwell 23/24 Sept

Post by mj43 »

Words for the final round at Cadwell
Sorry if I didn't mention everbody but I haven't received the entry list. Points are in the usual place at Teamsparrow

The final round of the F250 championship brings us back, for our third visit, to Cadwell Park. This round of the F250 is kindly sponsored by The Tuning Works.

First up congratulations to Alan Armour (RGV) for wrapping up the F250 championship at Oulton Park. Alan won’t be taking it easy, he now has to concentrate on winning the F400.

Oulton saw our young guns – Ross Searle (RS250) and Ben Phillips (KR-1S) having a right battle, with each getting a 2nd and 3rd place. In the last race, if it hadn’t been stopped because of Mark Jordan’s (KR-1S) fall, they would probably both have beaten Alan as they were lapping two seconds faster in the tricky conditions. Both riders are on fire; following Oulton, at a practice session at Mallory Ben lapped under the club F400 record. Keep an eye on these two, as they are future stars.

Ben will be looking to steal the Div II title from John Hawkes (KR-1S) and Ross will be looking to seal his 3rd place in Div I; though it is still mathematically possible for him to catch Mark Jordan in 2nd place.

Ross can’t afford to falter. Apart from the F250 where he has Iain McDonald (RS250) chasing him, he is within striking distance of winning the F400 novice championship. Iain, last time at Cadwell took his first F250 win so he is quite capable of springing a surprise.

As it can be a little confusing a little explanation of the categories within the F250. The F250 doesn’t operate a novice championship instead it has two Divisions. The fastest riders, those that have lapped within 107% of a lap record in their first four meetings, qualify for Division I. All other riders go in Division II.

Current Div II leader John Hawkes, will not only have to look out for Ben Phillips but also Andy Slinn (RS250). The pair had some very close finishes earlier in the season. Another Div II battle worth keeping an eye on will be that between Lee White (KR﷓1S) and Kevin Tiernan (KR-1S).

Finally and as yet unconfirmed as to whether he will be riding is our Dark Horse for this meeting. Steve Saint pulled out of the series mid season because of machine problems, but should be out on a new machine. If all goes to plan Steve will be up at the front.
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »