1984 KR250a1 Rear Tire

The place to talk about your Tandem!
glidercoach
Smoker

1984 KR250a1 Rear Tire

Post by glidercoach »

The official rear tire called for is a 110/80-18... What limits the size I can put on the stock rim and what's the most desirable size should I put on my ride?
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Think one of mine has a 120 on the back with no problems.

I've never been able to get excited about tyres I'm afraid, though I seem to be in a tiny minority. If it fits the rim, has tread on it and is a mainstream brand that I've heard of, it'll do me. There won't be a massive choice for what is now an unusual fitment these days.

I guess if you're a trackday hero (or a bar-room bullshitter) then you may want to take a bit more interest in them...
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the KR kid »

Got a 110/80-18 Bridgestone Battlax BT45 on mine; does the job just fine! :D
Stop annoying me, I'm running out of space to hide the bodies!

GS750B
KH250B5
glidercoach
Smoker

Bar room bullshitter!

Post by glidercoach »

Bar room bullshitter... Love that term!

While my bike was raced by a pro on the South African GP circuit, I myself, am a weekend warrior who takes some risk, but doesn't particularly want to smack the road... Anymore. I'm not a kid (49) and I heal slower than I used to! I would like a nicer tire and a 120, if it fits, sounds perfect.

But you know one time, uh there was this guy... and and we were dicing... Yea and I braked so late in the corner, um, that my rear tire was in the air, uh... through the whole turn! Yea I kicked his ass! :^o

Happy New Year guys!