LED above speedometer

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
hacky
Smoker

LED above speedometer

Post by hacky »

I own a KR-1S and there is a small red LED above the speedometer. What about it? What does it do? I have never seen it lit...
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Have you got a picture, are the clocks kmh or mph?
tornado
Light Smoker

Post by tornado »

don't Japanese home market bikes have a maximum speed limit light??

Paul
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

That was my thought, if so, I think there may be a restriction in there esecially if kmh clocks.
KwakOn
Oil Injector

Post by KwakOn »

I helped a mate out by riding a cbr400 (scuse my awful language) home for his girlfriend. I got a wee shock when we got to the first open road and I twisted the handle some - big red light came on, thought the thing had no oil or oil pressure or something bad. soon realised it was a 60mph indicator light, no restrictions that I noticed. as mentioned it was an import.
.. Image ..
hacky
Smoker

Post by hacky »

I might take a pic this evening. There is no speed-restriction and it doesn't light when above 150 km/h (nor under) (I noticed a restriction in the REV's though... When I give full throttle with the clutch in the REV is stuck at 12.000 RPM. Seems like a restriction because it's so sudden. I don't mind, because it enhances the life of my dear pistons I guess, but I didn't know it had a restriction-system built in.

Maybe I'll take the plastic of the bike today to see what the LED is connected to. It makes me curious! Already took the rear-end apart yesterday to change the rear-light. What a hassle for that little bulb!
KwakOn
Oil Injector

Post by KwakOn »

You shouldnt need more than 12000 revs on a standard motor, power drops away before that. I cant remember if mine went much further.
.. Image ..
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

Sacko's bike has got a red LED above the speedo as well check it out here:
viewtopic.php?t=741&highlight=

Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

mine was ajap import and it didnt have one
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

is it anything to do with an alarm?
Smokings Good For You
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

one i bought today has a similar LED in tail piece - i'll try and see what its for tomorrow
Smokings Good For You
frog32
Premix Junkie

Post by frog32 »

deffo a alarm light

if there like the jap market lcs the speed light should be in the idiot light cluster
the one thats not used on the uk spec bikes

i hope that makes sence :lol:
2 strokes our way of life :-)
hacky
Smoker

Post by hacky »

I don't completely understand tha last post, but it could be an alarm light indeed. I traced the wires and the red wire leads to nothing (cut-off) and there was an odd connector attached. (see pics) The vlack wire is grounded. I'll just remove the wires and leave the led in place.

1. the above pic shows the led
2. You can see the red wire is cut here. the black is grounded
3. the back of the dashboard. The LED is lenghtened with a wire with an odd connector. (dunno the name in english)
there are exactly 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary logic and those who don't.