Show us that box of bits in your shed!
dandan0162
Heavy Smoker

Post by dandan0162 »

wow!now thats progress, =D> enjoy :lol:
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

Great job there, i take it all the different colours are sprayed in and what about the decals are they sprayed or are they stickers, but fantastic job there keep up the good work.

i don't think you can restore a bike to top notch condition unless you do spend more than its worth wether it be concours or to your own spec, ive spent way more already about 2500, but that includes tooling i have bought, ie compressor, grinder plating kit etc etc, these items i can use again and again, so 2000 so far and along way to go, best described as a labour of love.
No Matter How Messy Things Get You Can Always Clean Them Up.
MY MAMMA TOLD ME, IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANY PROBLEMS DON'T MAKE ONE.
TIME IS PRECIOUS WASTE IT WISELY
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

best described as a labour of love.
Oh yes.

When you add up the parts AND man hours, you will never get your money back, mind you I wouldn't part with mine for love nor money :D
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

yep spot on there Howie
daz680
Oil Injector

Post by daz680 »

tescr500 wrote:Great job there, i take it all the different colours are sprayed in and what about the decals are they sprayed or are they stickers, but fantastic job there keep up the good work.

i don't think you can restore a bike to top notch condition unless you do spend more than its worth wether it be concours or to your own spec, ive spent way more already about 2500, but that includes tooling i have bought, ie compressor, grinder plating kit etc etc, these items i can use again and again, so 2000 so far and along way to go, best described as a labour of love.
The colours are all paint, kawasaki,KR1S and ebox frame are stickers, Dream machine have done a great job with a fairing that's been repaired multiple times
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

top job
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

lovely. its about time the kr1s got the recognition it deserves, the value of them is starting to reflect this. lets remember, its a 130mph 250, the fastest of all road bikes of equal size and thanks to mj (which may have helped boost the profile??) it now holds an official record. not to mention the stepping stone for many riders who went on to race at world level. the kr1s also won a good few championships. troy bayliss,john renyolds are a few off top of my head that raced them. im proud to say i have a few kr1's. its nice to see them getting restored/used/raced aswell. if your gonna keep it i always say it is irrelevant how much you spend. ps would be nice to see a single sided kr1s with h***a rs bodywork.
daz680
Oil Injector

Moving on a bit

Post by daz680 »

Standard rearsets, Genuine mirrors, New Hagon replacement shock and Nikon pipes fitted
Other Projects
ZX7R P5, 2000, 3500 miles from new, sat in a garage for 4 years after crash, new top fairing, second hand side panels, frame jigged and starightened
1984 GT550, 10500 miles one owner from new. Just got to strip the carbs and ultrasonically clean them

Currently building RC30 lookalike
headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Post by headcoats »

Impressive stuff 8)

If you used an RS 125 wheel.did you have to turn it round as the sprocket is on the right :?
Can it yer old boiler
daz680
Oil Injector

Post by daz680 »

headcoats wrote:Impressive stuff 8)

If you used an RS 125 wheel.did you have to turn it round as the sprocket is on the right :?
yeah, if you look at the picks you can see the spokes are facing the wrong way, one i've got the spacers sorted for the 250 wheel i'll get them both powder coated
Currently building RC30 lookalike
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Very tidy job that 8)
I had a zx7r p3 model for 3 years, sold it when i moved house 6years ago and still see it around town some times, think i miss the big old girl :cry: