KR1 Man meets Sleeping Beauty

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

i didn't used to like the red/white Kr's but appreciate them now - you
don't see many - they seem to clean up nice
Smokings Good For You
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

Brazilian RD350LC's.

Post by KR1 Man »

KR1 Man calling Cliff, KR1 Man calling Cliff, come in please.I bought the Brazilian LC 3 years ago with 8000 miles on the clock. First thing I did was to whip off the pipes to check for restriction rings (none) and to check the size of the power jets, which turned out to be the same as the F2 so...she was 'full power'. :D Only thing I had to do was to raise the needles 1 notch as she was running a bit on the rich side; after that she was perfect. :twisted: Absolutley love this bike and, despite what all the magz say about it, the so called poor quality of finish :cry: is absolute crap. :D Just like what they say about the KR1 reliability problem :? - KR1-S pistons with enclosed ring pegs and problem sorted. Anyway, Elsie is completley standard. Although a KR would eat her for breakfast,going straight from one to another is a peculiar experierce :? Unrestored and used all year round except for right now, as she is up for a rebore/ pistons. Thinking of using of PJ Motorcycle engineers. Have considered using Fahron but unsure. I will be very grateful for any feedback/ experiences/ opinions concerning which outfit is best to choose. PS. HOW ABOUT SOME CAPTIONS FOR THE PICTURE OF SCRUMPY THE CAT SAT ON ELSIE??????? 8) 8) 8)
RD350 LC YPVS. Also grandson Declan's KR1 with ZXR black/purple paintjob/ KR1-s upgrades and max polishing
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

PJ engineering did my old crank and bores..
around 9000miles and no problems top job.
my mate who put it together said the crank was like new :D

give them a call on 01902307457.
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

i've used them for lining a KR bore - no problems :)

would use them again
Smokings Good For You
frog32
Premix Junkie

pj engineering

Post by frog32 »

there top people

never had any bad //substandard work done there :wink:
2 strokes our way of life :-)
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

all f2 models have the timing backed off by 2 degrees and the f2 pipes have a restictor in the end can which is why they dont rev past 8.5k a 31k is a lot faster bike than either an the late ones are real slow i would put my 31k against a kr in a straight line it would waste it up to when it was flat out i know because i have both and a ypvs is loads more useable. More to the point on a normal road a kr wont live with a 31k because of the bumps etc anymore than an rgv will but that doesnt make it a better bike just different thats all but nots let talk shit
I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

so can the F2 models be dersticted by altering igition timing and changing pipes and if so will they then perforn aswell as a 31k
Flanker
Smoker

Post by Flanker »

If there is a trip to Poole or a ride out round the forest I am definitely up for it...

Theres a few of us up this way, that make the trip down to Poole at least a few times through the year - usually a YPVS or two, an RD350LC, one RG500 with a second currently undergoing some major surgery (but hopefully back with us before the sunshine). Not KR's.... but an appropriate amount of respect is due I think. 8)
When faced with a choice of two evils go for the one you haven't tried!