new wheels

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Toot...
Light Smoker

Post by Toot... »

Sorry to be the breaker of bad news Speed. But as we discussed there are positives....

Let us know your thought on receipt. Hopefully the bike is actually better than the picture i have painted in your mind [-o<
speed

Post by speed »

Toot... wrote:Sorry to be the breaker of bad news Speed. But as we discussed there are positives....

Let us know your thought on receipt. Hopefully the bike is actually better than the picture i have painted in your mind [-o<
Toot, I really appreciate your time and effort in giving me the lowdown, so thank you, not the deal I thought I had :shock: but all in all its a KR and I always wanted one at least :lol:
they are such lovely bikes one of the best lines on a bike ever I reckon so happy to enter ownership may just need to try to enjoy more than polish this time!
nothing smells like a 2 stroke!
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

8kg lighter at 123kg - the lightest 250 twin ??

hope your deal has a brighter side after the perceived dip

still if you thought you were buying a C (-1S) then at least you have grounds to pull out
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Post by dave32 »

If its a B1 then its an import,i didnt realise there were any visual (from a pic) differences between the B2?
So was it advertised as an S?
Personally i prefer the B2,its lighter and has a better power curve for the road.
if the only bad thing is the paintjob isnt perfect than its not too bad IMO,but i must admit i would be dubious buying anything i hadnt seen or thats described as mint which implies its as new/restored to as new,think some just confuse a clean and tidy example with mint.
Hope it all works out for you. :D
Cheers
Dave
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

I dont know how much you paid for it
I would say most bodywork is original (apart from the top fairing - which is the most expensive item)
Only reason i say this is because the paintwork doesn't appear to lineup
on the RHS
If you didn't pay more than a grand you should be okay
B2' s are the least desirable - skinny wheels, inferior brakes, dated paint jobs and ugly exhausts (which have been changed on yours) - nearly half
the bike :lol:
Hence the reason KR's have the half the value of the S - a more modern
design
Smokings Good For You
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Post by dave32 »

so a B2 is half the bike cause it has slightly narrower rims,2 piston calipers and 1 piece exhausts? :?
On the plus side,its lighter(even with the heavy stock pipes),makes more power where its used most (below 10,000rpm),and it is much rarer due to only being available in 89 whereas the S had quite a few years production.
Paintjobs,really thats a personal thing,i would say the S is a bit confused i mean it has yellow number boards (500cc) not green (250cc).
Really if you can pick up a good B2 for a grand nowadays then your middle name must be lucky. :D
As for more modern design,
Its essentialy the same with a few detail changes.
it still uses an outdated 18" rear,the other differences are not night and day,even when ridden back to back (apart from the muted B2 exhaust note,i couldnt notice any beneficial difference).
If what you say is true then it would be like saying a 350ypvs is worth more than a 350LC cause it has some technical upgrades.
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

Perhaps i was a bit too scathing :lol:

I have both models and if you look at a B2 compared to the C models - in standard spec. they look years apart in design (even though they are essentially the same bike)

I know the rear's are an old size but you can fit the S rear in a B swing arm
as a straight swap giving you a bit more tyre choice

I think the point i was trying to make was there seems to be a few B models for sale with S bodywork (i suppose to try and cash in on the S higher prices)
Not many people would look to change a C spec bike to B spec)

LC and YPVS are totally different really (I prefer the early model - but with
modern running gear)

Sorry if i offended anyone :-#
Smokings Good For You
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Post by dave32 »

No worries,none taken :D
I guess it could have something to do with the S models are more well known and the B2 isnt,throw in the problems they had with ring pegs which to those not in the know means there unreliable and the claims that the S had 5hp more your probably right to some extent.
Also modern magazine right ups dont help,i think it was classic mechanics who recently tested an S model,they said the B2 had iron liners and the S was a completely different bike. :?
If it wasnt fot the B models there wouldnt be a Kr1S. :D
Dave